Getting Started: HUDs and Bankrolls

B

BakerBoom53

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Morning everyone. I know I am going to get varying responses on this so please bear with me.
I am going to take my first real swing at online poker and have done a ton of research.
I know I am looking to play on BetOnline, I want to use a HUD, and not sure about how much of a roll I need and what stakes are best to begin at.
I am a typical 2/5,1/3 player live cash.

I need opinions on HUD and Roll amounts. Thanks guys and gals!

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Morning everyone. I know I am going to get varying responses on this so please bear with me.
I am going to take my first real swing at online poker and have done a ton of research.
I know I am looking to play on BetOnline, I want to use a HUD, and not sure about how much of a roll I need and what stakes are best to begin at.

I use Holdem Manager 2 and now there is also HM3 and people says it's good. I don't play at BetOnline so I don't know is it working there. From HUD you get basic information about the players and how they play. If you play only on one or two table at the time you can look what's happening at the table so maybe you don't kneed that HUD.

But from bankroll advice I recommend to start like lvls NL25 or NL50. Just watch do you know what the players do there and do you think that you have advance to the players there. If not go to the lower lvls and if you have an edge try the higher lvls. It's hard to know which lvls online are good to live regs.

R

Rybod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I am fairly new as well, at least here. been playing a lot in the last month.

I went with hand2note for a hud. free version for now. and works for what I want at least. from a bankrole, i only have about $100 US in pokerstars and 888 , i am sticking with micro games, and micro tournaments until i get myself more disciplined from tilt.

i am talking like 0.02/0.05 cent cash games and under 50 cent tournamens, plus the great freeroles to practice.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips

I use the holdem tracker that is very easy to use to confure in tournaments and money games to be table to see the hud of your opponents and later study and analyze the games you play and see devils in your game

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management