Flopzilla for Mac - Would this work?

E

Evildrum

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a interesting program,so often us mac users get left behind. I would ask on 2p2 since there seems to be interest there.
Let us know if it works out,would be cool to add that.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We regularly use Parallels with Windows installed in Crystal mode, consider that a good tip. There is no longer a major need to use WINE wrappers with modern OSX computers, Windows is light enough that you can accomplish this with just 2 Gigs of RAM and minimal disk space (if this is the only Windows App you need).

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I said in PM, I also recommend Parallels over Wine for things like this. However it does cost and requires a Windows license, so some Mac-only users may not consider that a viable option. However I'll caution you that unless you buy a more user-friendly version of Wine such as CrossOver, using vanilla Wine and tweaking Apps to work can be a geek exercise and not for the technically faint of heart.

You can try installing a Mac port of Wine, such as WineBottler, then running the FlopZilla.msi installer. Navigate to your Wine Apps folder (typically in your Home folder), drive_c\Program Files\FlopZilla (or whichever path you used) and right-click the Flopzilla.exe program and Open With -> Wine. If you get an error about missing DLLs, then Google for what you need to do to install missing dependencies (typically using WineTricks).

pocketehs

pocketehs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We regularly use Parallels with Windows installed in Crystal mode, consider that a good tip. There is no longer a major need to use WINE wrappers with modern OSX computers, Windows is light enough that you can accomplish this with just 2 Gigs of RAM and minimal disk space (if this is the only Windows app you need).

crystal is the same as coherence, right? Im using Parallels 7 right now and have 4G of RAM for it and 4G for my OSX side. however it does lag a bit.

any other suggestions?

As I said in PM, I also recommend Parallels over Wine for things like this. However it does cost and requires a Windows license, so some Mac-only users may not consider that a viable option. However I'll caution you that unless you buy a more user-friendly version of Wine such as CrossOver, using vanilla Wine and tweaking apps to work can be a geek exercise and not for the technically faint of heart.

You can try installing a Mac port of Wine, such as WineBottler, then running the FlopZilla.msi installer. Navigate to your Wine Apps folder (typically in your Home folder), drive_c\Program Files\FlopZilla (or whichever path you used) and right-click the Flopzilla.exe program and Open With -> Wine. If you get an error about missing DLLs, then Google for what you need to do to install missing dependencies (typically using WineTricks).

thanks dmorris. I didnt actually get a pm but this is helpful!

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks dmorris. I didnt actually get a pm but this is helpful!
My bad. I typed one out, must have previewed but didn't submit. Hate it when that happens. It basically said what I posted above.

A

adamzerner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Premium Poker Tools ~ Web version of Flopzilla

I'm building Premium Poker Tools. It's sort of a web version of Flopzilla, plus or minus other features. As a web app, it works on all platforms, including Macs. Basically anywhere you have a web browser.

Mac Poker