Fair Play Technology

R

rw11687

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just read a little about the new "Fair Play Technology" by Lock Poker/Revolution Network. Does anyone else think this is absolutely ridiculous? How can they tell us we have to play other people of the same skill set?

The major issue I have with this is the fact that it limits a players earning potential (assuming they are a winning player). It makes poker more about luck and less about skill. It's generally accepted that over time, the better players win money. But if your never playing against lesser able players, than you must rely more on luck.

Needless to say, I will not be depositing on Lock due to this. I will play the freerolls when I am eligible, but I see no need to put money on a site where any advantage I have over the competition is nullified.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's beyond stupid. What if you want to play against better opponents?

I hope people don't participate in it and take a stand.

T

ticker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its dones't look like good poker room...

FrankMStone

FrankMStone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They seem to really want to give newcomers a chance to succeed, and not be forced out by frustration of losing to the big sharks, all in the name of making money I guess lol

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see the big deal with it, all I can see from it is a gimmick to attract people to their site. Maybe it's just me but for someone new to poker it probably sounds fantastic.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see the big deal with it, all I can see from it is a gimmick to attract people to their site. Maybe it's just me but for someone new to poker it probably sounds fantastic.
Problem for them is that poker sites make most of there money in rake generated by high volume regulars. High volume regulars make there money in 2 ways, from rackback/bonuses and fish.
If the regulars no longer are allowed to play the fish there profits will drop massively seeing as they will basically just be passing around buy-ins against similarly skilled opponents with no edge in the game.
Meaning they will either do one of 2 things, keep playing and just make money from rackback/bonuses or move to diffrent site where they can make money from rackback/bonuses as well as playing against players they have a significant edge over.
Now tell which one of these options do you think is more appealing?
And when all those regulars leave the sites the traffic(and profits) will drop a lot.

runnerx289

runnerx289

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolute bollocks. completely stupid, it will never take off (I hope) haha