Essential poker tools?

D

derpaderp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What tools/software have you found invaluable in furthering your understanding of poker strategy?

I see tools like HUDs mentioned, but what about range calculators etc? Anything good that works on both Windows or Mac? Free or paid?

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What tools/software have you found invaluable in furthering your understanding of poker strategy?

I see tools like HUDs mentioned, but what about range calculators etc? Anything good that works on both Windows or Mac? Free or paid?

I don't know about working on Mac, although I would assume they do, but I would recommend Hold'em Manager 2 and Flopzilla.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Strategy's Equilab is a free download which you can use to construct hand ranges and determine a ranger's equity vs another range. Definitely a must have.

B

betbetallin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've found a lot of value in DTO (poker app for mobile), which gives you certain common situations and analyzes the decision you make. I also have multiple matches going on Poker Melee (https://www.pokermelee.com). This is a free tool that allows you to play many hands quickly and analyze results. If anyone wants to play a Match to try it out, I am Gramma on there and am always looking to play more an improve.
best training App for poker, that appeared first on the market is Simple GTO Trainer ( https://simplepoker.com/en/Solutions/Simple_GTO_Trainer ). DTO is a kind of mobile copy of this app with less functionality.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Understanding the odds, both actual and implied are crucial to success. Doesn't really matter how you learn them, just that you do.

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokerstove is a free equity calculator ...also sharkscope is good for info on players..5 free searches a day..don't know how much full access is... :)