Do you use poker software to help your game?

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have viewed alot of players on thier twitch pages and i noticed that there are alot of them that use software (calculators) during tournies etc

makes me ask the question of (are they really that good)

do you use software to help improve the chances of you winning?
like i dont mind if people use it because thats their prerogative but doesnt this take away from the actual skill of a persons game and is kindve cheating?

thoughts please?

Like0310

Like0310

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well that statement is relative because it will depend on the type of software you use. because there are several very good

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's good to play with calculations but also most of the time you have to do it with your own criteria. The analysis of the players is important to get some advantage.
Regards.

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use any additional programs and believe that they should be banned. Players from these programs have an advantage over the other and it is not fair in my opinion ....

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve heard something about holdem manager, but I don’t use any softwares and I won’t.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use any additional programs and believe that they should be banned. Players from these programs have an advantage over the other and it is not fair in my opinion ....
Software like HEM/PT help in gathering info on players that you have played against, similar to having reads on live players, but because you play such a high volume of different players online, you cannot possibly remember off hand the play style of a particular player and that is where the software fits in.
It also allows you to review and analyze your own hands.

If you have an eidetic memory, then you have no need for the software.
And if you do have an eidetic memory, then maybe you should be banned from playing poker as your brain would be an unfair advantage.
Doesn't make sense when put that way, or does it?

Last edited:
Geoff445

Geoff445

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never have used such software, and have had fairly good showings in tournaments.

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Software like HEM/PT help in gathering info on players that you have played against, similar to having reads on live players, but because you play such a high volume of different players online, you cannot possibly remember off hand the play style of a particular player and that is where the software fits in.
It also allows you to review and analyze your own hands.

If you have an eidetic memory, then you have no need for the software.
And if you do have an eidetic memory, then maybe you should be banned from playing poker as your brain would be an unfair advantage.
Doesn't make sense when put that way, or does it?

Recommend, please, pograms of this type, which are not too expensive.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recommend, please, pograms of this type, which are not too expensive.
There are a few inexpensive programs out there but only a few are supported by most sites, I only mention HEM/PT because these are the 2 most widely used and accepted programs out there.
There are free, no obligation trials for these programs, I suggest that you try before you buy.
Good luck.:)

Last edited:
I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a few inexpensive programs out there but only a few are supported by most sites, I only mention HEM/PT because these are the 2 most widely used and accepted programs out there.
There are free, no obligation trials for these programs, I suggest that you try before you buy.
Good luck.:)

Thank you, I will try !!!

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I Until Recently had the same Ideology... I Mean How Can you Take the extra software into a LIVE game lol

BUT... I've got to ask, Do You Take Notes?

A side panel on the Poker Platform that takes notes could be considered an extra that the Platform doesn't have to provide but does so for your benefit... If it Doesn't Help then Why include it?

We all need an extra here or there, Maybe an Add on, or a rebuy lol

We are Poker Players first and for most, Opponents and strategic in our analysis of our game...

Its A strategic Advantage to have a great memory and an uncanny ability with numbers... But its safe to say that not all of us are born with the skill required to play poker against Thousands of Opponents enrolled in the same tournament lol

So I believe truly that if You're up against a poker Einstein or Some one who Uses extra software what is wrong with taking any advantage you can access?

I Have Just started to Use http://fpdb.wikidot.com/ only because it's free and the Notes I find too Broad Spanning to make much use of...(Not Created a system for Notes Yet)

It May Be considered Bad But it Helps me Know when to Fold, Who's Weak, Who's Strong, Where My Leaks Are, Where I can Improve and Quantifies Aggression which is difficult to do without the software or great memory...

I've got to Admit That over the last few nights PartyPoker hasn't worked well with my HUD Version so I've not used it There but I've managed to get better value wins there in the last few night than 888poker and PokerStars combined lol Maybe Others Have issues with their HUD's Also...

There Is No Program than can make you hit bet or hit fold its still your choice...

Bots?That Is a Totally Different Story!!!!

Maybe I Wish I Had One if they weren't infallible but then i wouldn't have the pleasure of playing for my self and the thrill of winning...

How do I reset my own HUD stats without deleting the 50,000+ Players/Opponents I have? lol isn't that some thing else ? 51,226 other players who've been listed in my data base since i started it a little over a month maybe two ago... that's my own SQL database not Cardsharks or any one elses...:dancing2:

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never used HUD, because in my opinion all the helper programs used during the game should be banned. the game should be clean as in chess. The human brain against the other human brain. Pure fair competition.

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was on the same page as the poster above me. Tested out Jivaro, DRIVE HUD , and poker tracker 4 . Going to give Poker CoPiolt a shot . Then I will choose what hud I liked best. These Programs are all helpful to your game!

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never use, I saw many players on Twitch using but already saw players with problems because program doesnt work so you have mix software informations and your read about players, if you need software help all time, probably you will have problem if program isnt work.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't use poker software so i don't like that other players do, I think it helps with decision making to much and gives them an edge. I think it definitely takes away from what used to make players good in online poker. Finding a weakness in patterns and exploiting it was meta. I don't see myself ever getting poker software.

12345djon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never used it, but I can try the trial version for a month when I need it.

Top 10 Games