Concerns about Database Software (Bans)

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Guys,

I would like to get a copy of leakbuster but I can see it requires holdem manager or pokertracker to work.

My concern is getting a ban from poker rooms for simply having pokertracker or holdem manager on my computer, since they both include HUDs. Is this a real issue with online poker rooms? Any tips for what to do?

I'm playing on microgaming right now and will also be playing on partypoker in the near future.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No... it's not a concern. If a room doesn't support a HUD, like party poker, your tracker won't allow it. In the case of party, you can download your hands after the fact and import them.

Before deciding on a tracker, try Drivehud as well since it's less expensive and works with Leak Buster 2.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the suggestion! :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have heard, that GG Poker has threatened players to ban their account, because PT4 was running on their computer, while they were playing on the site, even though PT4 does not actually work on GG Poker. Andreas Froehli made a video on Youtube about the issue. So this is definitely something to watch out for, if you play on GG Poker. But since PT4 is not working on GG Poker, you can obviously just remember to shut it down while playing there.

There are many other examples of software, which pokersites only allow you to use away from the tables. In the past pokerstars did not allow Flopzilla to be used for example. So if you wanted to run a scenario in Flopzilla, you had to first shut down the poker client, because Flopzilla had build it into their program to protect their customers from inadvertently breaking PokerStars TOS.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many other examples of software, which pokersites only allow you to use away from the tables. In the past PokerStars did not allow Flopzilla to be used for example. So if you wanted to run a scenario in Flopzilla, you had to first shut down the poker client, because Flopzilla had build it into their program to protect their customers from inadvertently breaking PokerStars TOS.

That's honestly pretty ridiculous, I've heard similar stories which is exactly why I was worried.

Anyone know if Party (apart from not allowing huds) have any issues with software that happens to be on one's machine?

What about microgaming?

AzadaliMali

AzadaliMali

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MV
Chips
The situation can vary from one platform to another. Some poker rooms are strict when it comes to any kind of third-party software, while others might have more lenient policies. As for your specific situation with Microgaming and Partypoker, it's a good idea to review their terms of service and reach out to their support teams if you have any doubts. They can provide you with the most accurate information regarding their policies. If you're looking to avoid any potential problems altogether, you might want to explore purpose-built database software that can be tailored for poker without the HUD features. This way, you can track your progress and stats without raising any concerns.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's honestly pretty ridiculous, I've heard similar stories which is exactly why I was worried.

Anyone know if Party (apart from not allowing huds) have any issues with software that happens to be on one's machine?

What about microgaming?

Last I checked, MPN allows HUDs. As for party poker, you can open a database(PT/HM/DH,etc) in the background and its ok, it won't track your games though.
If you are really worried, you can have those databases closed, just open them when you are done with your session then import your hand history to your database.