Can't log into Client on Windows PC

A

Afrikardz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. This post is about the pokerstars software client on Windows PC. For some reason, I can't log into my account anymore using the correct username and password, however I can log in on my android phone and even directly on the website with the same details. This is very strange. I have tried everything to fox this...reinstalling the software, virus scans, changing my password...but still no success. Again I can't log into the software on my Windows x86 computer but I can everywhere else. The message I get is that the password and username don't match. Pokerstars support has been no help. Any genius out there who knows what's wrong?

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
[This one is just a long shot but try it first]
Try running program in xp compatibility mode. Right click Pokerstars icon --> Properties --> Compatibility Tab

[I believe this one would solve your problem]
Uninstall --> delete Pokerstars appdata folder--> Download new Install from website -->Reinstall

Before uninstalling client do the last two paragraphs the ones in blue below

To get to Pokerstars appdata: Start--> Search for Run-->type appdata in run box-->go to folder named local

Note deleting the entire Pokerstars appdata folder will reset your Pokerstars settings like any customisation you have like themes bet sliders etc. It would also remove tournament summarise and hand Histories and Notes.

I suggest copying the Pokerstars appdata folder with all of its contents to another location first. That way if you still can't log in you can just put back the folder.

I also suggest try deleting the user.ini first and see if you can log on with just that alone deleted.
Hi guys. This post is about the Pokerstars software client on Windows PC. For some reason, I can't log into my account anymore using the correct username and password, however I can log in on my android phone and even directly on the website with the same details. This is very strange. I have tried everything to fox this...reinstalling the software, virus scans, changing my password...but still no success. Again I can't log into the software on my Windows x86 computer but I can everywhere else. The message I get is that the password and username don't match. Pokerstars support has been no help. Any genius out there who knows what's wrong?

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Pokerstars support has been no help. Any genius out there who knows what's wrong?
Keep trying, the whole point of poker stars customer support is to get people playing and making money for Stars, if you contact them from the email address linked to your Poker Stars account they will do whatever they can to get you back generating rake for them.

:top:

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the last update of the software, the client should to accept or deny the new conditions, are you sure you did it?
Test login you on the website PS
If you can´t fix it, then communicate PS support via email, they delayed a bit, but they will solve it at the end.
Something similar happened to me, I was twenty days without my account, so write to them and be patient .. GL :)

A

Afrikardz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was really excited after reading your reply because this is something I thought would definitely work as no one has suggested it, not even pokerstars support. But still no success! I just don't understand what is going on here. I deleted the user.ini, I deleted the appdata, reinstalled....and still can't log in.

I tried to install pokerstars on another Windows computer and I was able to log in successfully. But I need to play on my computer! if you know what I mean. I have also tried today to update all my drivers and scan for viruses and even restored my computer to an earlier version of Windows. Still can't log into Pokerstars on my own computer. Its just so strange.

Pokerstars support just keeps telling me that from their side it shows that my password is wrong, but I can log in on other devices with the same password. And the only solution they have given me is to reset my password, which I did on an android phone, but still cant log in on my computer. What do I do now??? SCOOP is running right now and I'm missing out. Pokerstars support takes too long to reply.

[This one is just a long shot but try it first]
Try running program in xp compatibility mode. Right click Pokerstars icon --> Properties --> Compatibility Tab

[I believe this one would solve your problem]
Uninstall --> delete Pokerstars appdata folder--> Download new Install from website -->Reinstall

Before uninstalling client do the last two paragraphs the ones in blue below

To get to Pokerstars appdata: Start--> Search for Run-->type appdata in run box-->go to folder named local

Note deleting the entire Pokerstars appdata folder will reset your Pokerstars settings like any customisation you have like themes bet sliders etc. It would also remove tournament summarise and hand Histories and Notes.

I suggest copying the Pokerstars appdata folder with all of its contents to another location first. That way if you still can't log in you can just put back the folder.

I also suggest try deleting the user.ini first and see if you can log on with just that alone deleted.

In the last update of the software, the client should to accept or deny the new conditions, are you sure you did it?
Test login you on the website PS
If you can´t fix it, then communicate PS support via email, they delayed a bit, but they will solve it at the end.
Something similar happened to me, I was twenty days without my account, so write to them and be patient .. GL :)

I did accept the new conditions earlier this month and was playing fine until now.

Pokerstars support just keeps telling me that from their side it shows that my password is wrong, but I can log in on other devices with the same password. And the only solution they have given me is to reset my password, which I did on an android phone, but still cant log in on my computer. What do I do now??? SCOOP is running right now and I'm missing out. Pokerstars support takes too long to reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I really thought that one of those files was corrupted and it was causing problem.

Open the user.ini file. It opens with notepad. Scroll down you are looking for [User] it is about just before half way down the document. Double check country and name make sure they are correct.

From the Computer you are able to log on with copy the the user.ini file move to this Computer (use a flash drive or email it yourself). First trying copying replacing just the [User] string alone into it, save and see if you can log in. If it does not work try copying and replacing the entire file. If neither option work delete the file when done.

You can check and see if you are downloading the right Pokerstars. There are different Pokerstars for different countries.

You can see if it is the keyboard. Type out your username and password on a notepad or word document and then copy and and paste it in.

Maybe try back Pokerstars support. Use live chat from the website and see if they can guide you through troubleshooting in real time.

If all else fails you can consider wiping your computer and reinstalling the Operating System. This usually solves most problems. Unfortunately it can require a lot of work depending on what you got on your computer and I cannot 100% guarantee it will solve your problem.

Best of luck I hope your get your problem solved.
I was really excited after reading your reply because this is something I thought would definitely work as no one has suggested it, not even pokerstars support. But still no success! I just don't understand what is going on here. I deleted the user.ini, I deleted the appdata, reinstalled....and still can't log in.

I tried to install pokerstars on another Windows computer and I was able to log in successfully. But I need to play on my computer! if you know what I mean. I have also tried today to update all my drivers and scan for viruses and even restored my computer to an earlier version of Windows. Still can't log into Pokerstars on my own computer. Its just so strange.

A

Afrikardz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really thought that one of those files was corrupted and it was causing problem.

Open the user.ini file. It opens with notepad. Scroll down you are looking for [User] it is about just before half way down the document. Double check country and name make sure they are correct.

From the Computer you are able to log on with copy the the user.ini file move to this Computer (use a flash drive or email it yourself). First trying copying replacing just the [User] string alone into it, save and see if you can log in. If it does not work try copying and replacing the entire file. If neither option work delete the file when done.

You can check and see if you are downloading the right Pokerstars. There are different Pokerstars for different countries.

You can see if it is the keyboard. Type out your username and password on a notepad or word document and then copy and and paste it in.

Maybe try back Pokerstars support. Use live chat from the website and see if they can guide you through troubleshooting in real time.

If all else fails you can consider wiping your computer and reinstalling the Operating System. This usually solves most problems. Unfortunately it can require a lot of work depending on what you got on your computer and I cannot 100% guarantee it will solve your problem.

Best of luck I hope your get your problem solved.

Still no luck buddy. I tried to copy the user.ini file from the working computer and also tried copying the password from a notepad. I managed to talk one guy via pokerstars live chat and he seems to understand my situation, and has forwarded my issue to the Pokerstars security team. I hope they figure it out.

Thanks a lot for your help. It wasn't all a waste. I did learn a thing or two for future use!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It may sound trivial but check for any stuck buttons on your keyboard. If your shift is stuck for example that will change the symbols that you type. To be sure just open blank notepad file, type your password there and see if what you type is what you expect to see.

tazzmaster62

tazzmaster62

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im having an issue with ACR and BCP

have to boot out program and then put it back in every day its nuts

for you make sure your caps are off and double check what your typing in
sometimes we hit the wrong keys or its a glitch with the program.

me id beet it out and put it back in thaty way everythings new.
and shouldnt have a prob logging in

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you could not solve your problem still with the suggestions of the above colleagues I suggest you format your PC and install another version of windows.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I read through all the post and I didn't see this suggestion but I apologize if it was already mentioned.

1 - uninstall the poker client completely if you use CC cleaner or Revo uninstaller they can remove all remnants of the program for you. there's a free trial for Revo you can choose to delete every instance of of the installation. In advanced mode

2 - now create a new windows profile this may save you from having to re format a hard drive.

Make sure this new windows profile has administrator rights reboot the computer and login as the new user

3 - reinstall the software attempt to login to the poker client again. If this works then try it in your old profile. You may be stuck with the new one though.

If you have no problem reformatting your hard drive and reinstalling your Apps without losing data that will be your cleanest option. But this technique should save you that obstacle.

From what you described and have tried with no success sounds like a sys file is corrupt or a reg key is locked . A new profile is your best alternative at this point without a rebuild