najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hey guys, can anyone help me with this issue please ?

About a week ago, I clicked on the "Knock-out" button in the PS lobby and it just froze on me somehow. It wouldn't go back to normal even after having restarted my PC, so I decided to uninstall it. A decision I regret now since I'm unable to reinstall the App only because of that new installation window they have now. It comes up incomplete, missing its bottom where the "Install" button is supposed to be (Screenshot bellow). On my own and with their support team suggestions, I've tried many thing to fix the problem with no success so far. For example, I have :

- Changed resolution and scale layout settings.

- Used Alt+spacebar and other keyboard combinations.

- Downloaded several resize non-resizeable windows apps.

- Attached a large monitor.

- Used Chrome, Safari and Firefox to download the app.

I just wish they had left the old smaller window. It had everything on it and did the job. Now we have a beautiful girl's picture and no "Install" button !?! :confused::D

Have anyone experienced this ? Could anyone come up with some trick to help me get back please ? I'd greatly appreciate it.

RnyyofOfUr

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
When I look at your screenshot and the icons on background, the icon fonts seem quite large. So are you completely sure that you were using the right screen resolution and only 100% scaling when you took that screenshot? Otherwise this feels quite baffling. Maybe you need to really scrub the old installation completely off from Windows before trying a new install ???

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
When I look at your screenshot and the icons on background, the icon fonts seem quite large. So are you completely sure that you were using the right screen resolution and only 100% scaling when you took that screenshot? Otherwise this feels quite baffling. Maybe you need to really scrub the old installation completely off from Windows before trying a new install ???

Hey Nafor, thank you for your response but as I mentioned before, I had changed the resolution and the scale layout settings back and forth tens of times. When I took that screenshot, the scale layout was at 100% (recommended).
It just looks like when it gets downloaded, somehow that window doesn't make it in one peace ! I start thinking that something on my PC is preventing it from completely downloading. At this point, I really don't know what to do. Can't get a new computer at the moment....

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Please help !

Hey guys, can anyone help me with this issue please ?

About a week ago, I clicked on the "Knock-out" button in the PS lobby and it just froze on me somehow. It wouldn't go back to normal even after having restarted my PC, so I decided to uninstall it. A decision I regret now since I'm unable to reinstall the app only because of that new installation window they have now. It comes up incomplete, missing its bottom where the "Install" button is supposed to be (Screenshot bellow). On my own and with their support team suggestions, I've tried many thing to fix the problem with no success so far. For example, I have :

- Changed resolution and scale layout settings.

- Used Alt+spacebar and other keyboard combinations.

- Downloaded several resize non-resizeable windows apps.

- Attached a large monitor.

- Used Chrome, Safari and Firefox to download the app.

I just wish they had left the old smaller window. It had everything on it and did the job. Now we have a beautiful girl's picture and no "Install" button !?! :confused::D

Have anyone experienced this ? Could anyone come up with some trick to help me get back please ? I'd greatly appreciate it.

View attachment 274233

Hey guys, it looks like I posted in the wrong section. Is there a better place where I can ask for assistance ? It's been a week now that I'm unable to reinstall PS and get back. I tried their support team with no success so far,

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Few things come to mind...
You could try to install the client through the command line and try to bypass the graphical installation process.

And maybe your graphics card driver needs an update - just guessing here...

But first I would certainly scrub all the bits and pieces of the old installation before trying a new install. A normal unistall process does not remove everything.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Few things come to mind...
You could try to install the client through the command line and try to bypass the graphical installation process.

And maybe your graphics card driver needs an update - just guessing here...

But first I would certainly scrub all the bits and pieces of the old installation before trying a new install. A normal unistall process does not remove everything.

Hey man, I truly appreciate your help. Thank you very much.
About the Graphics card driver, Windows says the latest version is already installed. And to uninstall the app I use RevoUninstaller which scans and remove all leftovers.
But the great idea is to install through the command line. I thought about it but didn't think it was possible. All I have to do now is google it and try to learn how to do it.
Thank you so much again.