Backship: Session & Hand Tracker for Live NL

F

fluffypelican

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Short Story:
I built a mobile-optimized web application with explicit intent to be used by live NL players for tracking sessions, hands, and respective profits in real-time, straight from the table. Now I'm hoping to find users to use it and provide feedback for needed improvements in order to judge viability of a sustainable business model.

Long Story:
So I built this application for tracking profit and frequency data of my live sessions and individual VPIP hands. It started out as a simple Google Sheet with two columns - Session Duration and Session Profit. Over time, I added on tables to log the individual (169 non-suit-specific) starting hand combinations with which I VPIPed, along with the respective table-depth, table-position, and net profit of each respective occasion. With this database of information, I was able to build out some very interesting charts and make some very helpful observations about my historical tendencies.

The primary shortcoming of this process was the clunky, non-intuitive Google Sheets interface, into which I was manually entering each VPIP immediately after the hand, at the table, from my phone. And so I decided to build out a legit web interface with mobile-optimized dropdowns and inputs and connect it to a real SQL database, just to make things more convenient for myself.

Once I got started, however, I came to develop the assumption, anticipation, and hope that other serious, data-minded live players like myself would be interested in using this system themselves. And so I made the decision to go beyond the buildings of basic functionality of the new interface for my own sole purposes, and turn it into a aesthetically pleasing and feature-rich full-scale web application. And then I did it. And I named it Backship. And that's where we're at now.

What It Is:
Backship is a web-based software for logging, reviewing, and real-time sharing of NL sessions and hands for, specifically, live cash game players. It is not a downloadable App, but rather a mobile-optimized, yet desktop-responsive, website from which users can enter and review their data straight through a web browser.

Why It Exists:
Insofar as I could tell, there were (are) no outstanding options for convenient data-tracking for live play. Many tools already exist for online play, which, at this point, do a better job than Backship at the reporting of insightful data. And there are several good options for simple session frequency and profitability tracking. But as far as combining profit and frequency data for individual and aggregate sessions and played-hands and wrapping it up into a easy-to-use and nice-looking interface, the options were lacking. Giving users the option to share their data was just a simple, no-brainer implementation.

K so now what:
Backship is launched into open Beta. I'm looking for real users to test it out - for free. It works great for me, but, you know, I built it myself and stuff; and I realize it might not be as easy-to-use as I actually think it is. I'm looking for feedback on everything from design to real-world usefulness, and suggestions on new features that should be developed.

You are invited to check it out at https://backship.poker and to leave questions, degrading comments, or overly complex inside memes here in the thread.

Attachments

• hand-logger.jpg
    hand-logger.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1
  • aggregate-table.jpg
    aggregate-table.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1
  • right-nav.jpg
    right-nav.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 1
Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide Organize a Home Poker Game Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands