A need for a database software for the different categories of games? Solutions?

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently had this exchange with HM support below. I include it for context sake.

Is there database software that addresses what I feel is a need or am I missing something in the way existing software is supposed to be used?

Is there software existing that will allow me to properly analyze my game according to what I play whether tournament, bounty tournament, spin, or grand tour?

I play all of these but the more 3 handed spins I play, the more I will corrupt my VPIP data if it is commingled with regular tournament data.

If I play bounty it will make my stats 'agrotardy' if the data collected is not separated from regular tournament data.

I see that some have said they us HM for one type of game and PT for another. Seems cumbersome and pricey.

I think there is a need to separate the databases based on the game type and the software should accommodate this.

Do you agree or disagree, and why?

Solutions existing or in the works?

Originally Posted by ChickenArise
Can you disclude or turn off data collection when playing short handed games? How about separating data collection for bounty vs standard tournaments?

I am interested in HM but ultimately I want a software that will not skew my stats when I participate in Spins and Grand Tours. It would also be nice to separate bounty from standard tournaments so they could be analyzed in context. Any plan to do this?

Any games you play will get auto imported and populate the database and HUD with that data. We have some HUD filters for stack sizes and number of players dealt in to the previous hand but there are no HUD filters for tournament type. There are many filters for the reports that you can use when reviewing data to filter by specific tournament type and other tournament attributes.

Regards,

Customer Support
Hold'em Manager

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So simply is there a need or am I missing the point of filters or some other aspect that exists n the software?

Top 10 Games