All UFC Thread

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Want to make New Tread for All UFC post at the same place:). Cool?
Need Help from Suited Frenzy-OzExorcist-We will rock you-Srissoffedi.
Post here for all new on UFC or Make new one the big one. Thank :).

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure, why not :)

Since we're between events, a discussion topic: if GSP were healthy and ready and willing, how many people actually think he should come back? Does anyone think he'd actually have a chance of reclaiming his belt?

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think GSP can make a comeback if he want.I think GSP is not ready for now.
Me and many people want to see GSP fight again.GSP vs Hendrick 2?
UFC 177 T.J Dillashaw vs Joe Soto do you see this k.o round no 5.Good fight?
Thank for Reply sory my english not 100% Good :).UFC 179 25/10/2014?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's the thing - a lot of people like to talk on and on about how Alexander Gustaffson got robbed by the judges, and how he was the real winner of his fight with Jon Jones. They'll still bring it up pretty much any time either fighter's name is raised in conversation, even though it happened over a year ago. And yet...

...nobody really seems to care that Hendricks definitely got robbed by the judges in his fight with GSP. It doesn't come up with anything like the frequency that Jones-Gus does. Maybe it's the circumstances, since GSP went on hiatus immediately after the fight and Hendricks ended up with the title shortly afterwards anyway. Maybe it's because everybody hates Jones, but they like both Hendricks and GSP.

Either way, my point is that I don't think GSP would do much better the second time around if he were to fight Hendricks again - he'd probably lose. Hendricks is only getting better.

GSP is still only 33 so if he decides he wants to he could probably fight for several more years. The welterweight title picture is pretty busy these days though. If he failed to reclaim the title, would he really want to go through the whole mess of contenders bouts and whatnot again? More to the point, would we want to see him do that, or would it all just be a bit sad?

I think I'd rather just see him go out on top.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think it'd be cool to see GSP attempt to work his way up & thru the other competitors in an effort to become champ.

Had a nice bet on Rick Story this past weekend. woo hoo!!!!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice :)

I only bet very occasionally on MMA - usually I see something that I think will be great, and then the whole "anything can happen in MMA" narrative will go through my head and I'll talk myself out of it. Had wins on Cerrone and Zingano during UFC178 though.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Nice :)

I only bet very occasionally on MMA - usually I see something that I think will be great, and then the whole "anything can happen in MMA" narrative will go through my head and I'll talk myself out of it. Had wins on Cerrone and Zingano during UFC178 though.

I typically bet on who I want to win instead of who I think will win, lol. And yah... it doesn't usually work out so well.

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes Hendricks win the First fight.I love Hendricks and Robbie Lawler good too.
I hope everybody see this fight UFC 171 Hendricks VS Lawler Super fight for me.I realy want see the next fight of Hendricks.If T.J dillashaw vs Cruz this will make a very good fight.:boxing:

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So a few interesting bits of news today - Dana confirms that Rory Mac will get the winner of Hendricks/Lawler 2, and that the fight will happen in canada. Unless, y'know, someone gets injured and screws all the plans up. But this is MMA and it's not like that ever happens, right?

And one for the WTF / sure to make Dana throw stuff in a fit of rage column - Royce Gracie is apparently the new Bellator "brand ambassador". Won't be doing any fighting, just swanning about doing promo.

That makes absolutely zero sense to me. Yes he's a legend of the sport, but he's associated almost entirely with the UFC. He has absolutely zero history with Bellator. And let's face it, it's probably only the hardcore fans who know who he is... and given what a toolbox he's been at various points over the years, it's not even like he's a guaranteed drawcard with that small portion of the market.

Is Scott Coker poaching UFC Hall of Famers just to piss the UFC off or something? :p

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey!!! We have a UFC thread!!!!!

I havent discussed mma since i lef mmashare few months ago, none of my friends watch mma enough to actually discuss it!!!!

I was a super excited to see Jones vc DC but its postponed :(

I really want to see anderson vs diaz but kinda feel that its not gonna happen due to an injury/failed drug test/not attending the press conference/random stuff...

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take 2 min to say hello to DrazaFFT :).What do you thing about GSP ?
This threads is for ALL of us.:)

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Mart!!!! I really love GSP, was little :eek: after he announced that he wanna take a break from fighting...

I'm not convinced that Johnny got robbed in their fight at most it was a coin flip, we saw lot worse decisions in past and im not even counting Jones vs Gus... imho of course...

Anyway with the possible rematch, i agree with the one post above, i dont see him winning it after a return, thou he did great after ACL surgery and he was away more than a year then, this time with all his emotional roller-coaster he been through maybe his mindset wasn't the best for that fight, maybe he'll do better next time, not saying that he wasnt good, im just saying that it wasnt the best GSP possible, if he could pull best GSP next time they fight im picking him for the win, if he doesnt, then i must say that Johnny win in that scenario, again i say imho...

On a more short term discussion, thou i loved how Robbie fought against johnny i don't think that he could win the rematch, of course that im not counting him out and would love to see him winning this time, i think that Johnny have more chances to win... What do ya think???

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good reply. I think like you Johnny Hendricks have more chance to win.
60% :) .For sur this remacht will be a Super Fight.:)

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think about drug test and UFC?
Johny Hendricks avoiding UFC 167 drug testing?
I think GSP whant drug test?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think drug testing in the UFC (and even more so, in MMA in general) is a complete joke. You only need to look at the three-way farce that was Sonnen-Wandy-Belfort to see that. And if I were a clean fighter, I'd be rightly pissed that nobody seems too interested in doing anything about it.

I could be wrong, but I thought the objection from the Hendricks camp in his fight with GSP was largely procedural, like they thought for the extra money that would be paid on testing, they weren't actually testing for enough things or something, or GSP's camp wanted some specific things left off or something. Sounded like a lot of hot air and disorganisation on both sides.

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think about UFC 179 Glover Teixeira vs Phil Davis?

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It will be interesting to see how Glover fights when he is not constantly poked in the eyes :D

Nah, seriously I expect much better fight from Glover than against Jones, thou davis is really good and i gave him edge on wrestling and cage control, i kinda hope that Glover will find a distance and box really not interesting to see 15 minutes of davis pushing hit to the fence and trying to take him down...

Who do you have winning?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It'll be interesting to see if Glover continues to struggle when he's not fighting total cans :p

Yes he's got a lot of wins, but the biggest names on that list are Rampage (right at the tail end of his career) and Ryan Bader (who ALMOST beat him).

And let's be honest, the shoulder crank right at the start of the fight ended Glover's slim hopes against Jones just as surely as any eye pokes did. Plus it was pretty clear that he had an awful gameplan going in, and had no hope in hell of taking the belt: "Duh I has power, I'm going to knock Jones out!" Yeah, sure you are genius...

IMO Davis should win this, he's theoretically a more complete fighter, and he has the reach advantage. But this will most likely go to the judges, and in brazil that means LOL anyone could win with no particular rhyme or reason to it.

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Davis will win this fight.Davis looks younger,faster and stronger?
But Teixeira is dangerous whit is K.O. puch.60/40 for Davis.

GSP Begin his training for his Return :).

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
neither of them r good enough to beat Jones.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
neither of them r good enough to beat Jones.

Very true.

I look at Phil Davis as "Jon Jones lite". He's got reach, but not as much as Jones. He's got wrestling, but not better than Jones. His striking has improved heaps... but it's not as good as Jones.

IMO if he ever gets a title shot it's because they've run out of other people to feed to Jones. With the disappearance of Anthony Davis from the division though, they'll be running out of people sooner rather than later, so I expect he'll get the shot eventually.

Or, of course, they could just tie up the belt in endless rematches between Jones, Cormier and Gus for the next few years. Wouldn't that be fun... :rolleyes:

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jones is like Anderson Silva years ago.

I can`t stand his demeanour, but he`s ****ing unbeatable

Almost killed Machida, Shogun, Belfort,

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
See this is normally where people bring up the Gus fight... but to my eyes, it was pretty cut and dried that Jones won that fight. Definitely 48-47, very possibly even 49-46. Gus spent half the fight just running away. And sure, give him credit for taking Jones down and putting a few cuts on him, but that's not enough to win a fight.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So the UFC champions injury curse is still alive and well - Cain Velasquez is injured and out of his UFC 180 bout with Fabricio Werdum. Mark Hunt will step in to fight for the interim title.

Dunno about you guys... but my gut feeling is Hunt has a real shot to win this. Thoughts?