dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello,

what is your strategy for SNG Double or Nothing?
On which client do you like to play?
What stakes?
What is your ROI with SNG DoN?

Let's hear it from you.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Terms of distribution of prizes in such tournaments allow you not to strive at any cost to take the first line. You just need to get into prizes. Double your chips will be useful, but do not play too risky. In this type of tournament, the risk will not be too justified.

intertops, iPoker, partypoker and 888 have a good number of such tournaments.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
party poker has the smallest rake you should go to, $2 and over. Strategy - tight is right - sometimes you have fold even AA :D:)

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s depends on what kind of players are at the table, if they are loose then waiting is good, most the times they kick them self out, and you win without a playing a single hand. If they are tight then push to collect chips

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dons are another format that is really an icm test. One of the bigger mistakes I see is people playing AK like it was the nuts and calling raises with low pairs for more than 80 chips. The other common mistake I see is big stacks trying to run over everyone and risking their tourney life to do it - if you get 4k in chips you can sit on your hands until the tourney is over.

ChipWinged

ChipWinged

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like SnG. When I've known about DoN I like it more because it seems like easy game. Just enter to first five places from ten.
But I think SnG has more ROI. In SnG 9-max 3st place is double your buy-in when 1st place is 4 buy-ins. So you can play DoN just for double buy-in or you can play simple SnG and get more.
What is about ITM? Just think: 5 players are left on the table. If it's DoN with 10-max you win. If it's SnG you should stand 2 players. And then you have chance to get more than 2 buy-ins. I think it's more profitable.

But I like DoN. So my strategy is same with simple SnG because it's SnG without late stage (like heads-up). Tight, tight, tight and force with monster hands. And strategy on 1 player left depends on your stack position. If it's big you can even sitting out. And, sure, if it's small than push-fold.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played it in the past on 888poker, 0.50 dollar and my strategy was: Push and stop.
Going allin with the best hand, and for the rest wait till the other players are all gone.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,

What stakes?

Let's hear it from you.

Would you mind sharing this information? What software do you use to gather those stats? I play the $1.50 on BOL.
Does ACR have DoNs? I don't think they do, but that would be awesome.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
in that type of sng you must be very selective in the hands you play, and I think that when you make chips you can play with the desperation of the rest of the players, I have seen those sng and there are players who are very aggressive and attack from the start, everyone will have their point of view and their way of facing those challenges

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello,

What stakes?

Let's hear it from you.
Playing very tight, trying to double up with a good hand and wait until the others eleminate each other.

I like to play them on 888, altough they are in a hyper turbo format and at Party Poker I prefer the 6-handed DONs to the 9-handed. At pokerstars I don't like to play DONs, because your payout is depending on your chip count, when the bubble bursts
My stakes are between $1 and $3. For this year I have a ROI of 28.95 % over all the mentioned sites my PT at least tells me. But I also played only 75 games. :eek:
I guess, I play too much CC freerolls and tourneys...It is time consuming... :D

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have played many such sng, but omaha h / l always try to win many chips quickly and then press, depending on the cards, but I let them be eliminated.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play this at Party Poker, i don't have an special estrategy i play like any other tournanent, decision based on stack managing is the most important in my opinion.

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to play it in the same way as the cash game in first stage. Medium - still as much as possible, final - mix steal & tight game, don't try to go all in if you are not sure :)

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I prefer PartyPoker DoN, than any others.
Like the other mentioned, PS depending how many chips you got, and 888 start with low chip count.
I usually end ITM in 7 from 10.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play double or nothing on Carbon. I did pretty well, although the rake adds up.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the table is very aggressive, often enter ITM, without winning a single hand, you just let them do the work.
When there are good players and the table is tight, you will quickly enter the phase of push or fold, and for this we must know very well the range for this important stage, I'm not a fan of this type of game, I prefer to play 6 max. gl:D

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 0.50 of 9 max poker stars and I think every poker player will always say double or nothing XD good luck greetings:icon_flow