Your mind can be your biggest enemy.

M

maykon98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker moves with your mind, it is a mental sport and your mind tests it every moment, from the first hand of a tournament to getting up from the eliminated chair. Your mind makes you see opportunities where it does not exist, causes you to do wrong things thinking it is right, so stay tuned.

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker moves with your mind, it is a mental sport and your mind tests it every moment, from the first hand of a tournament to getting up from the eliminated chair. Your mind makes you see opportunities where it does not exist, causes you to do wrong things thinking it is right, so stay tuned.
I don't know what you're talking about. But my mind is aligned with my actions and don't growl.

M

maykon98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now you're focused on your desk, making the best possible decisions, when you take that bad beat.
Automatically, your brain turns the key to stress, emotions appear and the rational side is set aside. Consequently, rash decisions tend to be taken and chaos is installed. Falling into a natural trap can cost a lot

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not interested in your rhythm and your game. What are you talking about?

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, every decision made was made by your mind no matter good or bad. Sometimes you see false opportunity that can bust you early because you don't know that you're not thinking straight

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know what you're talking about. But my mind is aligned with my actions and don't growl.

Why so grumpy BlackMamba a good point is made here you have to be well fed well rested
and in the zone no matter what the game gives you tilt and bad play very common due to not having right head for the game or being in the zone as I call it well in the high stakes anyway
Growling emmm was carrying my baby in arms while walking my dog on lead the other day and a big pitbull came out of its house in guard mode snarling growling at us I had to growl back at him then phew he walked back in me inching away slowly lol:cool:

M

maykon98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The player must have basic knowledge of the odds. Then you can more easily know if you can bet or not. Do not make decisions based solely on emotions.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I agree, I think the right mindset is crucial element of success in poker.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are many aspect of the mindset which must be taken into consideration, like focusing on taking good decisions long term and not focusing on winning a hand short term when we don't have favorable odds

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of thought. You play with your mind, and if your mind does not do well, profits may not be at the level you want.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would change the word ''can'' for the word IS...

the mind is our biggest enemy...

carli

carli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you. Poker is a thought game just like chess.

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The mind is the worst enemy or your best ally, definitely.

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im agree with you becouse today already lost 2 tournaments becouse i get mad on my opponent, i myself find my enemy fish and try to beat them with what i having pair of 3 for example and these fish play with 9/5 and hit that sh`t everytime.. seriously im so angry i want to quit everything i want to destroy things, people... worst 2 days i had so far... my bankroll dead if i dont hit that money in my next tournament i will quit poker.. i know my emotions fault is that but game do his thing... Yesterday and today i cant hit anything..

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips

Definitely poker is a game of great mental concentration, before playing you should have a few minutes to meditate and have your mind calm.

I like to listen to soft music during the game, that helps me a lot.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not interested in your rhythm and your game. What are you talking about?

Ouch I see you got banned BlackMamba...

lol I've seen a BlackMamba live... It scared the sh*t out of me...
really! then some years later i discovered another Type in my girlfriend's undies draw, now that one wasn't as scary...

Black Mamba if you return to CardsChat i do hope you would become more interested in Contributing instead of Beehatching and Trampling over everyone's threads the way you had...

Yes Your Mind Can be and Is your worst enemy at times, but it is something that can be trained just like learning to drive a car and not smashing other vehicles when you feel a little road rage on occasion lol its true...

How many smashes and crashes do we see each day? yet there are more car drivers in the world than poker players for sure....

Poker requires the same thought, observation and consideration given to it as driving a car, So lets not get into a rage, Crashing in Poker only hurts our selves, our Bankrolls and our Pride...

Poker Rage / Road Rage, Same Thing, Same Mind just different Seat and Different control System...

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

• All and always decides time!Today is the time of good thoughts,tomorrow's victories,the day after tomorrow there is no guarantee that it will be like yesterday),how could you not think your mind would win you,there's fortune and her life to go,you will miss it-you will never see the money)just kidding).for everything you need common sense, follow them -for your thoughts, stick to a strict strategy, you will be in the black.as I said not once all life live, all life learn!good luck!

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My conclusion is following: If I don't care about the tournament I am playing (small prizes, big field..) I tend to olay it badly due to excessive all in-ing. If I care about a tournament too much (huge buy in for my standards, huge awards..) I tend to olay more tight and only end up on the edge of the cash places or on the cash place but a low one. Therefore the best results are in the middle, with medium stakes so I don't just shove everything but don't play too tight as well. It's all in your mind.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
destination

I think it's most important to play with a destination.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It probably distinguishes the amateur from the professional. However, professionals can also make crazy things in the game. Most poker is a struggle between reason and greed which is absolutely all people. On the first side of the balance the mind, and in the second the desire to win, increase your stack, or simply to get in the bonus area spending a minimum number of resources.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I make too much mistake in my game. I watch strategic videos to rectify my mistakes. it also helps to keep your feet on the ground and not to do anything. in poker it is better to be disciplined and disciplined than to listen to your ego.

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always say, in poker the greatest thing is peaceful mind. Never play when you're sad or mad. Never play when you're angry at someone. Stable emotions is the most important part in good decision making.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi maykon98! Thanks for reminder, that need the all time to follow
for updates mind! But in my head settings upgrade automatically! Good Luck
in update your mind! ;):cool::D

P

pacificatorul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say your ego is the biggest ennnemy. Part of your mind tho.

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think long think wrong! when I am in my element I can read my gut feeling correctly and don't have to think about what I my action will be.. being aware of stack sizes, players style, positions considered.