Your first tournament

T

Travis Pruitt

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now be truthful lol.....In your very first live and/or online tournment, what place did you come in, and how many players were there? Mine was live, saw a sign at a local bar posting poker at 6pm and 9pm so i decided togo to the 9pm one. I sign in, take my seat, nervous as hell, stomach is upside down lol and started to play.....it was around 50 people total and I won the damn thing, I couldn't believe it, I won with pockets Ks i called from sb he raises 3times I raised him 4times his bet, he looks at me and says "what do you have kid" and I reply "2 cards sir" his reply "you're bluffing me huh" he looks back at his cards, "yep I have you, I'm all in" and with a split of a half of a second "I call" I flip my cards over no hesitation and stood up. He has Q9 suited hearts. Dealer says "damn he sure did sucker you in" flop 2 5 10 rainbow turn 3 he's drawing dead river J. It felt so awesome. Didn't win any money it was for points and top 20 people with the most points goto state final for a seat into a wsop event. I ended up 22nd in points only playing 3 month when the point system was goin on for 7 months. There was a 1 seat second chance for people that was 20-25 place but i ended up being "late" for that I was right there in line trying to sign up and i hear shuffle up n deal right when I was telling them I was here for last chance seat and told me i was late. Any whos that my story of my very first live tournment, please let me know how was yours.

hulinada

hulinada

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There will be people in the tourney who are so serious about playing, they will refuse to so much as smile the entire time. You'll have professionals and amateurs sitting hip to hip, clashing cards to the yells of beats and cries of suck-outs.

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played SnG on starting and win that 6handed match.
I have played 3 times sunday mega dozen on 888poker and finish all in.the money but no big money.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was online in a freeroll in 2009. at Minted Poker,but I really don't remember where I finished and I think I earned a few cents in that first tournament.

R

rasppa

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my first online event was a free rom.

B

Binraker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first was one I organised and we were such noobs. We played draw and didn't raise the ante... Ever! It went on for soooo long!

Sorry, should've mentioned that was the first live tourney.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zefs83

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm afraid I won't remember((

Similarly. Can't remember who taught me this infection )).
But one of the first achievements was getting to the final table. Free 100K tournament. Those who were not so long ago. Won 6 or 7 place. The win was about 25-30 dollars. Happiness knew no bounds. Started jumping up and down with happiness. It was many years ago))). There were times)))

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first live game, I gained entry by playing the online package,
I now always playng on Tuesdays.

Ljuk358

Ljuk358

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

I played my first live "tournament" with my 7 friends organized in our cab on the football field 7 years ago... Buy-in was 5 €... First place:25€ Second place:10€ ... I finished first... From that day we play very often, we started playing in local bar, where they gave poker table for us, so my poker career start.. :D I remember I had string of victories 9 times on first place one time :p We are playing today too, but not so often. Maybe one time to month and we play cash game :)
My first online game was when I visited high school. Lot of my classmates played on pokerstars, so they learned me how it works... When we had school subject Informatics, we played full hour just poker, but I don't remember what tournament it was exactly. I think it must have been some mikro sitngo...
Btw. Nice thread :) Greetings from Slovakia :)

P

pokerpixie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first live tournament was many years ago, so I don't recall exactly how I placed, but I know that I made the final table and was pretty pleased with that. My first online tournament was a disaster. I believe it was a microstakes MTT on PokerStars, and I remember feeling completely thrown off by how aggressively some people bet pre-flop with the worst starting hands (that always seemed to end up winning)... Wasn't even close to making it ITM!

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first live tournament was in Reno, Nevada. My father and I played in a $200 NLHE Event. Out of 481 players, I finished 99th and didn't do much but sit there. :) My dad finished 45th and was close to making money. The last hand he was in was an All-in by 3 different players. My dad had AK, next to him had AK, and the other guy had AA(who won the hand). The time we had together was priceless!

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Remember the 1st tournament? Heck, I can barely remember the last one! But I do remember when I had just started and I won a tournament with 27 players. I felt quite accomplished and I thought that was a lot of players, lol! I look back at that and laugh. But it was fun and made me happy at the time! :)

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do people even remember their first tournaments?

lorres1991

lorres1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won my first live tournament ever on my 18th birthday. Only started with like 15 players, but I sucked out on everyone at the final table and won! :D

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My very first tourney? That was over ten years ago!

Your having a laugh pal, I have trouble even remembering my name somedays!

M

MikeyE8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first tourney, I think I made it around 5000th out of 10000 people on pokerstars. It was a freeroll and I have learned so much since then. Wow the good ol days.

lolgato

lolgato

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was very lucky in my first tourny it was in a 10$ freeroll I came out 38/813 people I was happy I did that but I didn't make final table to cash but it was a nice starting experience for me.

S

scr888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1.5 $ sng 6 max Hyper Turbo

ovsleka

ovsleka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His first tournament I won in 2012, knowing only the basics-no strategy or tricks, and entered the awards in friollah.A now like and more learned to read, and the worst result

Kavaleits

Kavaleits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started to play on online poker room "Celeb poker". I loved that room. There was one freeroll, 3 places paid. I dont remmeber, but i think it was 1-3 place and $11 to all places. Ofcourse first time i dont win this tournament, but later i won sometimes.

I was beggineer at poker and i dont know what was bankroll management.
I played then medium buy-ins. And often lost all bankroll.:)
Great memories!:D But now i cant find Celeb poker, maybe it change the poker room name.

X

XUnoMomentoX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My first tournament was during my training for the position dealer at the poker club.After learning the dealer has worked in the poker club.Well, I got involved in this movement and can't stop to this day.The first tournament was a Freeroll with rebuys.Then I remember played like a complete fish.But the prizes are horrible.I guess I was then very lucky.))

biaavia

biaavia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first tournament was poker school open on poker stars.And I
take the 900th place of 10000 players:)