Which is your favorite and why hyper, turbo tournaments or slow ?

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I like hyper turbo poprq so much time is not wasted. you just have to have a little luck in the first hands to grow your chips

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the slower tournaments bc the end game where all the money is decided is deeper and has less luck involved. Interesting that everyone can have different opinions and thats why they have all the different formats :)

V

valts102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bountybuilders,like to get money staright away when you knockout someone and six max hyper turbo tournaments.I play 7 dollars 6 maxes

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regular/slow. I think you have more time to act.
In a hyper-turbo MTT you have nothing post-flop action.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing long game tournaments as I find you have more hands to go through then the turbo games.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I like hyper turbo only when it comes to sit & go, I prefer tournaments at normal speed

O

Overmars

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the slower tournaments bc the end game where all the money is decided is deeper and has less luck involved. Interesting that everyone can have different opinions and thats why they have all the different formats :)

I prefer the slow tournaments for this same reason, but end up playing hyper most of the time, due to a lack of time on my part.

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play hyper for fun. Turbo when i don't have much time to play and Slow when i want to play a good poker. Slow is my preference.

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slow

I enjoy the slower tournaments more. I feel like it offers more decisions to be made and lets the skill of the game shine through more. The faster ones although fun, feel as though it gets too limited on decision making once the blinds get to a certain level. There is less nuance to it, but if you're trying to save time and still need your poker fix they are definitely the way to go.

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hyper is mostly luck. The problem is you can play much more hyper tournaments in a time frame but even if you are a great player, your advantage will be much smaller than in a normal tournament. They are good for training certain skills like red zone playing but in general I don't like them. Sometimes I play turbo S&G, they also require a lot of luck but they give quite a good balance between speed and proper gameplay. As for MTT I play only regular. Even turbo is too much for me. It still takes a lot of time to finnish one but it requires so much luck that I don't find it entertaining. Regulars also require luck but during first 2-3 hours you need to play good poker at least.

D

danxt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tourney

I love playing tournaments. I love playing tournaments tipsy after Sunday Brunch, who's with me?

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. As $/hour
hyper > turbo > normal > slow
2. As edge
slow > normal > turbo > hyper
3. As variance, needed roll
4. As "fun"

What I prefer? I don't know...I prefer to not play poker. If it is possible... I hate the poker. So much...

E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hyper and turbo are the best for me :) Other takes way too long, I dont like it

T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Currently I'm playing turbos MTT , i find them very fun to play and they are fast.
I used to play slow tournaments but after you play a turbo or a hyper turbo , it's kinda hard to return to slow tournaments . Turbo and hyper tourneys are good if you are grinding them , they are little bit high variance but you can earn more $/h .

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer turbo tournaments inside the MTT, sometimes I play sit n go. I prefer the game to spin fast.

sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regular i suppose, from 8 to 10 minutes between blinds level up.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like slow tournaments more, because if good hands don't come, there is always an opportunity to improve your position in the tournament.

P

Pablitto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends. I like fast games cause Players have not enought time for think and they make much more fails.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each one has a different strategy, the slow ones are of more skill than the rest, the turbo ones are push and fold knowledge, and the hyper ones are a lottery,I prefer the slow ones.

J

johnadams1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably turbo. With hyper many times you will be blinded out without decent card and slow are too long for me. Best would be mix of those, slow at the beginning, turbo in the middle and hyper at the late phase.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regular and sometimes turbo...Normal ones give me more time to think...

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I prefer the slow tournaments and freezeout, more time to recover from a bad move.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer regular tournaments 10 minutes between each blind

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
My favorites are turbos and hyper turbos. They have a quicker outcome unlike tournaments with a normal structure