And you, show your cards on occasion?

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last August, in one of my first freeroll club games, I had begun to show my cards by copying some players who did, when Alienat advised me not provide that free information. Not long after, I was able to win a tournament because my final opponent showed me all his bluffs, so it was not difficult to discover his betting pattern. Today I do not show my cards almost never, except for the case, for example, that a friend in the league asks me to see one after fold a great pot. But in the club there is always a player who shows his cards. Sometimes the bluffs, I suppose to frustrate the opponents, sometimes the nuts, and sometimes random hands whose meaning escapes me. I am very grateful to those who generously deliver that information for free.
And you, show your cards on occasion? Do you think that in some cases it can be beneficial?

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There might be some instances when showing your cards could manipulate opponents decisions (show 53o after the 3rd BTN-steal maybe) - but generally showing nothing is better I think. Let them pay to keep you honest.

quartz

quartz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite reason to show cards is if it encourages my opponent to do the same but this tactic is only used in cash games for me (where ranges are much wider/creative). My thinking is I should be deviating from my standard ranges a lot playing these kind of recs anyway so when I show my cards in situations where I've isolated this player type in late position it's not necessarily giving much away.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless you know what you're doing, better not show.
But if you can tilt your opponent by showing, than please do!

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards less information they have the better.:):):)

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not show my cards, hate to give up any info.

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show its your prorogative to do so if you wish, but I prefer to keep em guessing!

xxxSSSxxx

xxxSSSxxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YEA FROM TIME TO TIME, BUT I THINK IT REALLY DEPENDS ON SITUATION :icon_rr:

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course there are different situations, but I almost never show my cards. Obviously, my opponents can use such information against me.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Usually I do not show them, especially in buy-in games. There is also a possibility for a try to trick you sometimes when someone shows some of his cards, so you must consider all the factors that effect the game.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I do not show my cards.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see him blessing to show your cards, if the opponent does it by bluffing in a mocking tone even if I win an equal hand I don't show anything:lollypop::lollypop::lollypop::lollypop::lollypop::lollypop::lollypop:

K

kalelisback

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last August, in one of my first freeroll club games, I had begun to show my cards by copying some players who did, when Alienat advised me not provide that free information. Not long after, I was able to win a tournament because my final opponent showed me all his bluffs, so it was not difficult to discover his betting pattern. Today I do not show my cards almost never, except for the case, for example, that a friend in the league asks me to see one after fold a great pot. But in the club there is always a player who shows his cards. Sometimes the bluffs, I suppose to frustrate the opponents, sometimes the nuts, and sometimes random hands whose meaning escapes me. I am very grateful to those who generously deliver that information for free.
And you, show your cards on occasion? Do you think that in some cases it can be beneficial?

The only times I have ever shown my cards is when I take blinds with premium hands (so next time can steal them with garbage)

Rarely so, I may show a bluff ...but I have stopped that more recently. showing bluffs almost always puts opponents on tilt.

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first thing I learned when I started playing was not showing my cards, because poker is a game of small advantages, for this reason we should not give information to the opponent, since then whenever I play I look for the option of “not showing the hand”.

Now, if we think about the benefits of showing the cards to the rival, we can think that by showing certain bluff or certain hands of value we can influence the image we have on the table, so that we can give false information to the rival; A very simple example is to show a bluff and then play only for value. But I think this works more playing live than playing online, because there is a greater psychological effect, emotions emerge when they show you a bluff in the face, but when you play more than 350 hands per hour you don't give it so much importance and you only take rival's note.

In conclusion if we want to have a little fun or want to influence our image on the table, show your bluff little by little if you play live, but when you play online do not give information to your rivals.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show, but the sites like stars show all cards if it goes to a show down.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not show, I think it is valuable information for the opponent.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree. No need to give too much information.

AntA_KO_v

AntA_KO_v

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I show my cards either when I put together a Quad or a straight flush. This technique is useful when your opponents tend to gamble. So I make it clear that my raises should be respected and not shove any two when I'm behind

Scottscorsa

Scottscorsa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends who I am playing.

I always show quads and hands above when playing with friends. I never show when playing with strangers.

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose the only time it can be beneficial is if you're trying to alter your table image.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rarely but I do show from time to time... want to keep your opponents guessing as much as possible.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont EVER show your cards no matter what. unless you're trying to show a very specific message. What that message is, is up to you to answer.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you can and should give information. It all depends on the opponents. No one says you need to open all your hands. But in is that open 1 2 hands nothing terrible there is no. For example, successfully passing a bluff and showing the opponent will make him play more aggressively, which will increase the range of hands and lead to an error.