Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hey everyone,

I had a somewhat interesting hand in the prize pool madness freeroll on PS the other day..

Internet poker points for anyone who can nail the villains hand!

Apologies for the lack of details but considering this was only about four or five hands into the tourney everyone had more or less exactly the same chips.. Starting stack I think was 3000.

Villain is UTG+1 and min raises, there are three callers around to hero who wakes up in the BB with J2o and, against better judgement, calls.

Flop comes J26h.

Villain leads halfpot, it folds to hero who again, against better judgement, flats.

Turn comes 4c.

Villain shoves and it's all-in to call...

That's all I've got for you for now, what are your thoughts? Do you know what the villains holdings are?

If you're the BB with trash holdings and there is an EP min raise and several callers does the value induce you to play hands you otherwise wouldn't or do you just muck?

Big love everyone, hope you all have a great day! :) x

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 possibilities:

He had you on the flop with a flush.. AQ-AK of hearts..

OR

AJ without the ace of hearts or maybe pocket sixes and was protecting one of them from a flush..

Did you called with 2 pairs?

-TRP-

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Messed around and ran into 4s?

Only reason I say this because of super lack off info is , #1 it's a freeroll , #2 I don't see someone jamming a nut flush on the turn. #3 Its a Freeroll so Maybe even a light hand came through like 43 hearts or 37 hearts.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone,

I had a somewhat interesting hand in the prize pool madness freeroll on PS the other day..

Apologies for the lack of details but considering this was only about four or five hands into the tourney everyone had more or less exactly the same chips.. Starting stack I think was 3000.

Villain is UTG+1 and min raises, there are three callers around to hero who wakes up in the BB with J2o and, against better judgement, calls.

Flop comes J26h.

Villain leads halfpot, it folds to hero who again, against better judgement, flats.

Turn comes 4c.

That's all I've got for you for now, what are your thoughts? Do you know what the villains holdings are?

If you're the BB with trash holdings and there is an EP min raise and several callers does the value induce you to play hands you otherwise wouldn't or do you just muck?

Not sure but that sounds like a bluff. Tell us if you called I really want to know.

K

kbolding7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being that his range is strong and uncapped, I would say that it is most likely that at the very least he has the Ace of hearts.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone,

Flop comes J26h.

Turn comes 4c.

I think villain has A5o with one heart (probably the ace). I would have called in this situation (although, when you say against better judgment..if my gut screams at me to not play...I TRY to listen.) Why would you not lead out on the flop despite the 3 hearts on the flop?

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Needs to be more info but my guess would either be J6 both of hearts or any other 2 random heart cards..saying this since it wouldn't matter what they are if you aren't holding a heart card in your hand and he has a flush. If there is the possibility of a flush I usually call or check if I have a strong hand and here is why. Most good players who have a flush will try and trap you as a bet/raise will tell most intelligent players you probably have a flush and make most players fold which doesn't allow you to maximize the value in a hand you have a high chance of winning. This in turn usually causes another player to raise thinking they have a better hand which I am guessing you probably might have raised had the other person not played so aggressively. Finally, I will say this. You shouldn't have played J2.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not sure but that sounds like a bluff. Tell us if you called I really want to know.

I did call!

Mainly because I was certain he didn't already have a flush, it was a freeroll (players seem to make ridiculous jams early on) and that worst case scenario my boat outs were good.

It was without question an out-of-character* call, especially early in an MTT, with so little committed and plenty behind it's an easy fold really and in retrospect it was a stupid & unnecessary risk considering the soft field and 34k+ prize pool!

TheRealPage stated it was one of two things but listed three! It was the third of those, pocket sixes and no river jack (which would have been gross anyway).

What do you guys do when you have trash in the big blind faced with an EP raise and 4+ callers?

*At least I like to think so! [emoji1]

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When he jams if it's a NIT I'd figure a flush, TAG I'd figure a set and LAG I'd figure I'd be ahead trying to fade a heart

GiGiCat

GiGiCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone,

Flop comes J26h.

Turn comes 4c.

:3h4: / :5h4:

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Nice flop for both the players.

I would have folded guessing he had a better hand than mine.
Also early in the tourney I give up hands easily as there is a lot of time to catch back, unless its a Hyper/Turbo category

Not guessed 66 though.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre, and fold to the shove, calling an UTG+1 raise with j2o in the early stages of an mtt is going to get you in trouble, as it did, his range smashes you.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aside from the fact that this is a freeroll so villain could literally have anything, I don't really think trips are going to be too likely here given you have a J and a 2 and 66 might even be below the bottom of the open range for UTG +1 However given how insistent he seems to be on getting his stack in the middle I would definitely pause for a second and have to seriously think if he opened with Ax of hearts.

With this being said, I feel like villain also has J2 because of how much funnier it would make this particular hand :)

J

jokkerivanapoiss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm gonna go with a set of Jacks.

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to say QJ, with the Qh and figure to push all his stack on a freeroll will be his best play. Not thinking what you could had call with and try to push you out..!