ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
These WPN On Demand tournaments are fun, but they are very gambly. I wonder if they are too "gambly" and fast to be consistently profited from. I'm thinking its possible to win consistently with volume, but they are fast. They features 30,000 starting chips and blinds increase every 5 minutes. I think the blinds start at 250/500 and the blinds eat chips away very quickly if the player doesn't pull a good pot every now and then. Action is forced, but selectivity is not completely eliminated, just accelerated, leading to an opening of ranges. It seems imperative to seek preflop, all-in races at times.

Please share thoughts or advice on this tournament structure.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I admit I don't like them at all. While the play is a bit reckless but profitable against the players in these game, the structure is a joke in my opinion. By the time you are 5 levels in the average stack size is probably about 15BB if lucky and by the 7th level unless you happen to double or triple up you are in the all in or fold mode. I think these are horrible for a newbie to learn from and if you are a decent player you lose all post flop play ability so fast it's not funny.

I will play one on occasion, the best advise I can give is look for a better game to play. I really wish they would go back to the old style or actually give a better starting stack to the players.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like I'm playing on the wsop mobile App in these. Start seeing shoves with crazy crap quick.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Played one last night, got in the money. All in on this hand preflop.

Attachments

• Screenshot (19).jpg
    Screenshot (19).jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 12
thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah definitely can't make a constant BR with these. I usually just play them between tournaments or if I'm bored. Still a fun little freeroll that's always around, the on demands that you buy-in for are actually better MTT's imo so do try some of those if you haven't already.

inflmara

inflmara

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am able to make consistent money in these most people who play these don't have any idea what they're doing and only push or fold because they play way to tight.
Just loosen up steal blinds most people don't want to risk chips so you can take advantage of them on a scary flop.
good luck

TheGiantAsian

TheGiantAsian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of the field is sub 20 bb by lev 3. must adjust shove/fold strategy

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are rake maker MTTs that will exhaust you. IMO.

J

JEasyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These WPN On Demand tournaments are fun, but they are very gambly. I wonder if they are too "gambly" and fast to be consistently profited from. I'm thinking its possible to win consistently with volume, but they are fast. They features 30,000 starting chips and blinds increase every 5 minutes. I think the blinds start at 250/500 and the blinds eat chips away very quickly if the player doesn't pull a good pot every now and then. Action is forced, but selectivity is not completely eliminated, just accelerated, leading to an opening of ranges. It seems imperative to seek preflop, all-in races at times.

Please share thoughts or advice on this tournament structure.
I'm not a big fan of the format, but they are pretty close to a hyper turbo, and that's how I play them.