Would you shove with KK on the flop with an ace on the board

P

Pokerlydokerly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Say you've got KK hole cards and the flop is A with two low cards. You've got less than 10BB. Do you shove all in here and hope for the best or not and probably blind out?

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is better to know the positions at the table, what were the preflop actions, how many opponents and their stacks. Knowing this, you can make some conclusions.;)

R

rudy988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion , if I have KK with 11-15/16 BB I would just shove them preflop in a tourney . one of reasons is as you mention , he has ace and hits it , and you lose your stack due to variance ... I prefer just ship it , and destroy them often enough to be profitable on long run , people call with everything ! ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont slowplay preflop with stacks this short, so I never see the spot. If I did, its the same like all other spots with KK on A high board. KK is a marginal made hand on AXX, so typically I would look to check the flop and either catch a bluff or get thin value on the turn or river.

I dont see, what jamming the flop does. All better hands call, and a lot of worse hands fold. I would rather keep those worse hands in the pot and allow them to bluff. If they have QJ on A73 rainbow, they are essentially drawing dead.

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes ,I would shove with :kh4: :kc4: even pre flop.Kings are my favorite cards.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
On that flop I probably would not shove. The only way he calls is if you have the ace so there is no value in his call and he gets to play perfectly here. If he has nothing he will fold to a smaller bet and if he has it you still have chips to play with.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
you see the gruesome film... "Dirty Harry?"
remember when he say... "do you feel luckie, did i fire six shots or only five?"

if yah feel luckie BUT why need shove?
allin then you either be dead in the tournie or bad guy folds

KK is 2nd best hand, maybe play it out - see and if it best, then get more chips from the villains?
(i luv KK is my initials too!)

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn’t limp KK with less than 15 bigs ... that is an automatic shove for me... if not I’d probably ship it all in on post flop with an ace to represent it

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think I would prefer a very small bet instead of a shove, if the villan has an ace he should let you know and if not he probably thinks you have the ace. If you check to the villan he just stabs and you fold. If you jam he calls you with his ace or folds his trash and gives you the minimum value.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a chance to lose all my chips. Make sure your opponent doesn't have an ACE in the next streets.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with 10 BB or less chips in my stack, I go all-in on the pre-flop but also unless some information tells me the opposite I go all-in on the flop with an A on the board

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In that situation I would shove and if I win good if I lose no regrets I would have had to shove in that position.:):):)

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Based off of the amount of bb’s I would’ve shoved pre flop.

G

gaguilu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK

WHEN I HAVE (KK) AND 10 (BB), I WILL ALWAYS GO ALLIN EVEN IF I HAVE AA IN FLOP,

777jeton777

777jeton777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QC is without conditionally strong hand, but it beats and do not forget it. you shouldn't lose your head when you get such a hand. my opinion ... better a small raise and build on the actions of rivals. pushing the flop with such a card is a horror.:icon_pale

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Less than 10bb it’s shove before flop, even 15bb, but more than 15 I would play little bit slower, even fold on A kind flop

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you had less than ten you should have folded pre. wtih an ace on board i want to check, until showdown but if someone jams, I'm calling.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of players would have shoved pre-flop. Since you decided to slow play your hand why shove on the flop when you are trying to maximize your return on the kings by keeping players in the hand. Check the flop with the intention of betting the turn and most likely shoving on the river

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on the preflop hand, if there are many players I do not play it if there is only one exam.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Say you've got KK hole cards and the flop is A with two low cards. You've got less than 10BB. Do you shove all in here and hope for the best or not and probably blind out?

Are you overbetting the pot?

How many callers did you have? What are their chip stack sizes?

I like betting the A-high flop w KK - that is OK - but is shoving an appropriate betting amount?

And of course if you know that one of your opponents will call your bet with an A to give them top pair - I like a check fold even better.

Good luck !

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would probably not shove in that situation. Your not getting any value for doing that play. Instead look to shove pre flop or play it out street by street.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i'm likely 3bet getting it in, or if your 1st to open the pot I would raise my normal amount and likely bet small on the flop and play turns if called. Depending on player and the board, I may shove turn.

You cannot always be scared of the monster under the bed (opponent having an ace) as an ace will come on the flop what 20 something percent of the time.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on what the tournament is and the structure of the tournament. How many players are left with you in the game, and in what position you are. I think it is wrong to pay attention only to the fact that you have less than 10 BB left, if of course you are playing seriously, then you need to take into account absolutely all the factors affecting the result of this distribution. And also look at the actions of your opponents and their statistics.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think with your stacks Push preflop would be the best solution. I don’t see much sense on the flop to push

Z

zawada956

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also think that you have to play all in preflop