Would You Rather?

I

icandonkyou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you rather lose extremely early in a tournament, or play all the way just to bubble out?

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always want to run as long as possible. I think the decisions that get you bubbled are indicative of solid tournament play. I don’t mind the variance so much at the end of tournaments. When I get unlucky early I often wonder how I got so many chips in so early.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Although it is very frustrating to bubble, I always want play as long as possible. Sometimes it is ok to bust out early if that allows you to make a deep run in the next tournament.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No brainer .. rather lose early on

I have lost on the bubble twice and it is much more painful than losing early. In a big tourney you can play many hours until the bubble ... seems like a waste of time to go out then. Unless of course you are playing in person and not online ... a little visiting and person to person competition can be pleasant in itself.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It don't mater to me if I bubble or go out early on. The thing thats important to me is that I played well while I was in the tournament. I would rather get knocked out early and play well than play until the bubble not playing my best poker because in the long term as long as I play well I will do well.

That being said, it stinks when you are out early.

L_E_U

L_E_U

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rather bubble for the sake of my mental health lol.
Imagine getting booted early on every time, I would never play another tournament again.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rather

Would you rather lose extremely early in a tournament, or play all the way just to bubble out?

Bubble I'm here to play. You get better playing better people as you go deep.

Justin Bloomquist

Justin Bloomquist

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would rather lose early in a tournament and not waste my time getting so close and losing. I always seem to have that problem. I am so close and then I lose

Justin Bloomquist

Justin Bloomquist

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By the way, I play with you on ACR. I am Jubsnut7 LOL

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are both frustrating but since I'm not a pro and just play for amusement I guess I would rather bubble out and get all that playing time for my money .

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always set myself the goal of staying as long as possible in the tournament.

I always set myself the goal of staying as long as possible in the tournament. Some players set a goal to fill as much as possible the stack and take as high a place as possible, but I play quite differently. I try to take less risks, but it's more stable to play. I usually risk on overcards and overpairs, on the other cards I try to play as accurately as possible.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always set myself the goal of staying as long as possible in the tournament.

I always set myself the goal of staying as long as possible in the tournament. Some players set a goal to fill as much as possible the stack and take as high a place as possible, but I play quite differently. I try to take less risks, but it's more stable to play. I usually risk on overcards and overpairs, on the other cards I try to play as accurately as possible.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would rather bust early.But their are positives to bubbling,like picking up info on certain players.:cool:

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you should play in a way or another; you just have to try to win every hand in which you participate and the results most certainly will appear.:driver:

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rather lose early and just start another, there is always another game.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously no one likes going out on the bubble. Getting knocked out early is no fun either. If I played well and still bubble, that's just the way the cookie crumples. I hope for better luck next time. But the answer to your question is yes I'd rather go out early than to bubble.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as I play well it doesn't matter to me - I prefer the times when I'm not eliminated at all though. :D

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nithing like playing 5 plus hours only to bubble,i think busting early is better least your not losing all those hours you invested,we can jump into another tourny