Would you go all in the itm bubble with AA since you already have two players in all

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
not complicated , sure thing id call since when we play the tournament we aim to take it down and see where we land we dont aim to min cash in it , and all the good prizes are at the top so i wont miss chances to build myself a stack that would get me deeper into the tournament even if it means a few times i will get unlucky and lose but most of the time ill double my stack and have a better chance to make a nice run.

daredeviljo

daredeviljo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. Almost always I would recommend the all-in. Most of the time you would have a 65%-75% of tripling up with AA 3-way. Considering the fact that tournament prize structures are top heavy, the reward of going all-in (much better chance of a top finish in the MTT) is greater than the risk (getting bubbled).

Remember, a min-cash is usually only 1.5-2.2 times the buy-in which is not much more than the buy-in, but minuscule in comparison to the top 3 payouts.

That being said, in my opinion, there are very specific situations where you may want to lay AA down.
1) Satellite bubbles when you feel as though you would satellite through anyway. Here, the risk is high and the reward is minuscule since you would qualify anyway.
2) In a regular tournament, when you are super poor. This one is in my opinion. My reason for this is that even if you win the hand, your stack would still be very small, and as such, the value of your chips would still be lower than the value of the min. cash. By super poor, I mean your stack is lower than about half the starting stack size.

NOTE: Keep in mind, the answer to the question, like many questions, is context-dependent. It depends on things like prize pool structure, stack sizes, and how deep you are (i.e. how many big blinds you have, both in absolute terms and in relation to other people in the tournament).

BEST OF LUCK WITH THE GRIND!!! :)

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play in order to get into the prize zone then fold. If you play to take first place in the tournament then all-in.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I would never fold aces pre in an MTT unless it was a sattelite where everyone gets the same prize once ITM is reached. Tournaments pay top heavy, so laddering up a few spots isn't as important as building a stack. You won't find a better opportunity to get chips than right here, time to gamble

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I went and lost, but I do not regret all the same AA, could double. Lost ticket $11.

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need all in with them, since the best is that many come with AK AQ which is beneficial for you. If they have KK QQ, then we baptize our fingers so that the set does not come to them and put Allin)

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good question,and yes i would go all-in on the bubble with AA with two callers already as my chances of missing ITM are slim,gotta be unlucky to lose to both of them.If only against 1 player on bubble theres a very strong chance im folding that AA online...but live i would play it :):icon_sant

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't go all in, you are not playing to win.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if you playng for minium prize dont go... if you wanna win of course....

D

Dmytrych

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
against two, I wouldn't fold before the flop.but after the flop it depends on what the Board could and throw!

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with AA I will not miss the opportunity to increase my stack considerably because I have two opponents in all-in if, unfortunately, they eliminate me, does not matter to me, the right thing is to call because if I win, I have the opportunity to go For the tournament, the main objective in a tournament is to be first ITM but with AA you must take the risk of being eliminated in the bubble

V

valanddon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You have the best starting hand, so the odds are in your favor.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I have played it both ways. I have folded and would have lost the hand, so I was happy about that. I have played them all in and won, it was a great feeling. But I have also lost...think the one player ended up with trip kings. Anyway I think you go with your gut at the time.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will always play all in, in this kind of situation, either because you are pointing to the first place or because you want to take advantage of others, in the first comments I read a someone saying that if you are pointing to money you should not do it, I think part of playing poker is to earn money, It is a great motivation, everyone has their opinion and I respect it, but to say that winning money is not one of the objectives of wanting to win in poker I think it is to lie to oneself, returning to the subject, without risk there are no profits, so, yes, I bet all-in with AA.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless it’s a satellite tournament where 1st is no different reward than the last cashing place I am likely never folding aces preflop. If I am trying to win the tournament than folding the best starting hand isn’t a logical play IMO. Obviously in a huge money tournament like the wsop main event or a high roller (I have not yet been a participant) I may change my mind because that’s a considerable higher amount than I am currently playing for. If I were to gain entry into the man in event than a min cash of 15k or so can be a big deal and I may think about waiting for the ITM to be all in. Although even if it’s 15k (while it’s very nice it’s not going to change my life ) I may be inclined to call allin as it may bring a significant amount of chips which can bring much more than the min cash.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If 9 players go all-in before me I will still snap call.

(If it isn't a satellite where I'm almost certain to get a ticket by folding almost every hand and situation).

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
AA for me - holy card, I had never been reset only all-in.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2) In a regular tournament, when you are super poor. This one is in my opinion. My reason for this is that even if you win the hand, your stack would still be very small, and as such, the value of your chips would still be lower than the value of the min. cash. By super poor, I mean your stack is lower than about half the starting stack size.

I think, it would need to be even more extreme than that for folding AA pre to be the correct ICM decision. Something like the tournament is in hand for hand, a player has already busted at another table, and you are down to less than 1 blind. In that situation, if you bust as well, you probably had less chips than him before the hand, and then he will make it in the money, even he busted before you. While if you fold, you have a 100% sure mini-cash and still a small chance to survive an all-in in the next hand.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As always, it all depends on the stack of your position at the table and the level of play.AA is a good hand and the winning percentage with it is great.But we must not forget about the risk you are taking.Weigh the pros and cons and make your move.Good luck!

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If the min cash is significant to you financially or to your bankroll (for example if you satty in or win a ticket to a bigger buy in MTT that you don't usually play), then fold. Otherwise, you should be aiming to get to the FT.

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would unless we are talking a very big sum of money.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in all the time with AA for me.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Though decision. 2 players all in make more probality of loosing hand. It's very thought decision.

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agreed with above.
I would only go all in, if was going down with the chips.