Would you do the same?

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I left with 99 of the UTG I had a healthy stack so far. I made an open raise of +/- 2.5 bb and only BB followed me. The flop came Js8h7c, I made a cbet and the villain paid. On the other 7s turn. Now the villain bets 250 chips in a pot of almost 4,000, leaving 469 behind. By my reading, I had the best hand so far. So I forced the villain to go allin right there.

Would you do the same?

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea you are basically mathematically binded into the hand. I limp i with 99 UTG, raise with it late position. Plays best with limp if he caught his 14.5% to catch a J bird oh well thats poker.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely the right decision. I doubt you would fold if they bet all in on the river, so by raising right there you basically force them to call. If they actually have a J or a 7 and you're behind, you're not losing a ton of chips by putting them all in and you still have outs in the river.

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a fine play, the only thing I might have done differently is shoved on the flop instead of making a bet since your bet only left your opponent with a tiny stack anyway.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep. Especially with the stack. Nothing wrong there. :)

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I was recently in a similar move with 99 and the villain had JJ and it happened to me, according to what was on the flop and turn my hand won but my opponent had JJ and he only followed the game and when the river came he bet me and my thought was: I won this, and more than that player had time trying to steal me just said I have absolutely nothing and had JJ in hand

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I left with 99 of the UTG I had a healthy stack so far. I made an open raise of +/- 2.5 bb and only BB followed me. The flop came Js8h7c, I made a cbet and the villain paid. On the other 7s turn. Now the villain bets 250 chips in a pot of almost 4,000, leaving 469 behind. By my reading, I had the best hand so far. So I forced the villain to go allin right there.

Would you do the same?

Yeah with the bb so short definitely do the same. A quick question you said you were healthy just wondering how healthy/ But either way yeah definite shove if he's got you beat he's got you beat didn't seem like it hurt you and you still have that trusty 2 outer in your back pocket.