Would u fold ?

maudoallin

maudoallin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was the guy with AK... i was at BB, the cutoff mini raised, the SB shoved and i called and a stupid badbet happens, 10 players left for the Money, should i fold to play safe??? I think i did the best move, but this keeping happening to me.Poka

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No you shouldn't fold, AK is too strong vs a CO steal and the SB shoves range is also pretty wide. You got unlucky but remember all the money is in the top 3 spots always play to win. If its the final table and your mid-stacked then ICM considerations become important because the pay jumps are more significant. Around the bubble you want to play a little wider and more aggressive.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If it keeps happening to you, collect the beats and see if you can find the common denominator between them. Sometimes it is as simple as not overplaying a connector no matter how good it is, when there is still a lot of poker left to play.

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not one that advocates getting more conservative at the bubble. If anything, I recommend the opposite. But...

Remember, you need a stronger hand to call than to raise. Now don't get me wrong, AK is a strong hand. But think about what the SB may have. I'd tend to put him on pocket pairs or an Ace with decent kicker. If he's got pocket pairs, it's a coin flip. Obviously, if he has an ace, you're a lot better off.

But would I want to call in that spot? Not so sure. I'd definitely go all-in if I were first to do so, but to call an all-in... maybe. I'm not convinced.

At the table, in real time, I'm not sure what I'd do. After the fact, during a hand review, if you want to know the "official" answer, why not plug that scenario into an ICM calculator??

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
To me it's an easy fold.
Mainly bcoz someone else is putting you at risk, rather than you doing it.

More than that any 2 cards can win that's poker.

Would you fold? Yes.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Difficult decision...but lefting 10 to ITM i think i fold....

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no problem, easy fold and wait another good hand

Folding in Poker