Wizard of Odds or Alice in No Man’s Land

J

Jcapps

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick strategies and psych analysis are a pillar of the game. The beautiful curse in this is that a thorough approach is based on objects of the game that you as an individual create and rely on for yourself.
This means you have to be unbiased to the game as a whole... (at least enough to run through the obvious tells and strategies employed most often) but you also have to be able to hover over yourself as a cunning and ruthless master of your own mind so that you can successfully execute the best personal and psychological strategies and pick up on other players doing the same thing....or at least trying to. Numbers are numbers and odds are odds but the other variables involved seem to take the “concrete” basics of poker and practically throw them out the window. When testing a new strategy you have to take these isolated variables and treat them like a science experiment. So you better get your pen, paper, and patience locked down. The triple P is the simplest way to manifest consistent wins whether you care to believe it or not doesn’t change tested outcomes. If you don’t know what variable is dependent upon another, or which ones stand true regardless, how do you know that what your attempting is even measurable at all. Luck helps but doesn’t last, my opinion of this game will continually evolve as I test new tactics an oh what a wild ride...I guess you either win or you learn. We’re all mad here ;)

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quick strategies and psych analysis are a pillar of the game. The beautiful curse in this is that a thorough approach is based on objects of the game that you as an individual create and rely on for yourself.
This means you have to be unbiased to the game as a whole... (at least enough to run through the obvious tells and strategies employed most often) but you also have to be able to hover over yourself as a cunning and ruthless master of your own mind so that you can successfully execute the best personal and psychological strategies and pick up on other players doing the same thing....or at least trying to. Numbers are numbers and odds are odds but the other variables involved seem to take the “concrete” basics of poker and practically throw them out the window. When testing a new strategy you have to take these isolated variables and treat them like a science experiment. So you better get your pen, paper, and patience locked down. The triple P is the simplest way to manifest consistent wins whether you care to believe it or not doesn’t change tested outcomes. If you don’t know what variable is dependent upon another, or which ones stand true regardless, how do you know that what your attempting is even measurable at all. Luck helps but doesn’t last, my opinion of this game will continually evolve as I test new tactics an oh what a wild ride...I guess you either win or you learn. We’re all mad here ;)

Like that post man yes it helps when you know the numbers even though variance is a mother trucker and you do not have to be mad to be here but it certainly helps good luck in your games.:D
Am going to go with Alice in no mans wonderland here.:hahaha:

Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
interesting piece you have there, maybe i'll employ the 3 p's in my game
glgl at the tables

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator