Win by giving up?

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you ever won a tournament because the remaining player went offline for some reason? Contains which tournament?:confused:

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I have win a lot of spin n gos by that way .Opponent was offline and it was an easy win .:p

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes at me happened so that i won but only in spin&go and happened so that and lost thanks to the fact that I lost connection.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Happened to be once in a sit n go and even though I got the win it was not a satisfying one. Always nice to win the cash but I felt cheated out of a true victory. Guess I am too competitive.

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has happened to me in mtt satellites.
When my opponent disconnects in sit and go's, I usually tank every hand so they can have a chance to be back, although I don't expect anyone to do the same if I disconnect.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
At the begining of my poker experience, I was playing a play money tournament and at the final table I survived till the final two players, where I lost connection and the opponent won the tournament!:eek::eek:

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever won a tournament because the remaining player went offline for some reason? Contains which tournament?:confused:

a few times.. and i`ve lost 1 or too by network issues.. :dong:

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only in spin and go's this has happened a few times and gave me a walk over win. Someone else mentioned they felt robbed of the win I'm competitive but was happy with the free money. Never happened in an MTT

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before, there was me, too

I'm playing "heads-up tournament" under pokerstars before about 5 years, and its symptom has frequently happened.

When a enemy cuts a connection, and I win.
When I'm connection cutoff, and a enemy wins.
That was the percentage of 5:1, and I often won.
So I complained about no one.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happened to be once in a sit n go and even though I got the win it was not a satisfying one. Always nice to win the cash but I felt cheated out of a true victory. Guess I am too competitive.

When my opponent disconnects in sit and go's, I usually tank every hand so they can have a chance to be back, although I don't expect anyone to do the same if I disconnect.[/QUOTE
Are you both out of your mind? The object is to win. Nothing about poker is fair. If someone gets disconnected well sorry about that. When you have a large stack do you just limp in so the bb can see the flop? I may sound harsh but I would like to hear other opinions here. Im not here to to be nice im here to win. I have been disconnect and I did not expect anyone to show me any mercy.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When my opponent disconnects in sit and go's, I usually tank every hand so they can have a chance to be back, although I don't expect anyone to do the same if I disconnect.[/QUOTE
Are you both out of your mind? The object is to win. Nothing about poker is fair. If someone gets disconnected well sorry about that. When you have a large stack do you just limp in so the bb can see the flop? I may sound harsh but I would like to hear other opinions here. Im not here to to be nice im here to win. I have been disconnect and I did not expect anyone to show me any mercy.

I might not win a popularity contest here, but I agree, Roger. Maybe, its some form of a friendly game ill wait, but even that is pretty rare and I'd need to know the person. I look at is as part of the retribution to variance :icon_stud: :dontknow: :rofl:

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two situations like this

I was in a $110, 10k gtd and let the big stack knock the other people out and ended up with a short battle for 2nd as he had so many chips I couldn't win. $2100 and a confidence booster ensued. Also yes plenty of double up tables that pay 5 have ended in one person being gone and just blinding them out.