Why would you make this call?

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok. Disclaimer first. I understand completely the mind set of freerolls and how people go all in pre flop with garbage hoping to get lucky, etc. But can someone please explain the rational behind the below?

Ok. We are at the river on a mixed board with an A, J, 9, 8, 2. No flush possibilities. Possible straight. 3 people go all in and the last person calls. hands are shown. Winner has two pair. The thing that I cannot for the life of me understand if the last guy who calls 3 all ins with 3,6. He is basically playing the board. He’s last to act so no bluff possibility. Was he just drunk or high or something. I could understand if he called preflop because he was hoping to get lucky. But impossible to win or get people to fold so WHY???

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my guess is he just wanted to leave ,but even so if it was me and i wanted to leave id just sit out so beats me man ,some things in life just cannot be explained :)

B

BadluckBubba

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Use a hud. Notice the guys playing this way see almost every hand and every street and almost never fold. They almost always have giant chip stacks. Once you notice this daily................then ask that question again. You will have an answer.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
many do not care and simply continue the bet, it has happened to me that someone raises the bet and if I bet everything they continue with cards like 36o, the easiest is to think that they want to leave the tournament or like I say they dont care

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not making sense

It is definitely not making sense in my head but to stretch the possibilities he was drunk, trying to go, or accidentally hit the call button... but like i said we are stretching the scenario there a little bit...