Why are there so many idiots on the bubble?

Z

zc13expert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is an unwritten rule in small tournaments and sit and go, that when the outsider player raises or is all in, he does not re-raise his move to see if someone takes him out of the tournament and they already enter into cashes, it has happened that some You idiot resubmitted with nothing just for having many chips and what is worse, the outsider player doubles and subsequently enters into cashes? and in some cases they take you out of collections?

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone who goes all in with a larger all in call is trying to say they have the cards to beat the original all in and is trying to isolate. They believe isolating is the way to play such a situation. This is a sign of strength, which means, most of the time, they have a really strong hand. The other person most likely does as well. This means at least one of them has AA, KK, QQ, AK, or AQ most likely. Look at your hand and decide if you are willing to gamble something with lower odds of winning. The bubble is even more of a dangerous time. You can min cash or go home.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before I answer you, I would like to ask you a question: how many poker hands do you play in a week? 10,000 or 50,000? for example if my table is the fact that the players I am in the best position why not have it happen just because some players are just afraid to answer me call give just a wrong question, the situation in each individual hand, how can you say what you need to do so otherwise every player who plays with me has a lot of notes if no notes on the player we can talk about what you probably really Amateur?

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is an unwritten rule in small tournaments and sit and go, that when the outsider player raises or is all in, he does not re-raise his move to see if someone takes him out of the tournament and they already enter into cashes, it has happened that some You idiot resubmitted with nothing just for having many chips and what is worse, the outsider player doubles and subsequently enters into cashes? and in some cases they take you out of collections?

I am unclear about any unwritten rule and tbh have no care for it if there is one. I have been playing live and online since 2004 and have yet to come across this so called "rule" in the past, though I have seen countless people act overly cautious on the bubble and did as well for much of the years I played. Now I do not see that as a proper GTO approach to the game. That may change as I learn more but its doubtful since the people I study from do not support this notion.

For me, I am playing to win the game, not to get into ITM. If I see an opportunity to exploit any weakness on the table, I will take it. And the bubble is ripe for this type of opportunity given how many people are overly cautious on it.

We can argue ad nauseum about me being right or wrong, but it won't change the fact that you will find other players that play like this as well. You also have to consider the stakes you are playing and the likely hood not everyone is playing "poker" or treating the game the way you do.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think this is a direct consequence of the fact that most players have no idea about the right game. Lack of knowledge and skills is the root cause of such situations.
Good luck.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That happens a lot at those levels because the quality of the player is low, now don't see the glass half empty, you don't like it when this happens being you the short stack? It was mentioned before you always have to take advantage of the players at the table.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sense, that english is not your native language, and its actually a little bit difficult to figure out, what you mean. There is no such thing in poker as an "outsider player". But maybe you are thinking about a situation near the bubble, where the short stack has moved all in, and then a big stack reraises to isolate this player, which pushes other medium stacks out of the pot.

This is a completely normal and sensible strategy, since the big stacked player should be more concerned with protecting his equity, getting value and avoiding awkward postflop spots, rather than busting the short stack. In fact if you have a big chip lead, its to your advantage, that the bubble play drags out, because you can push everyone else around during this phase of the tournament. So in many situations the "idiot" is just playing his own game rather than yours, which is exactly, what everyone is supposed to do.