iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
These pushes come from blinds as resteals to 2.2-2.4 raises and from late positions, against someone who is rather active and against tight players. I'm talking about micros here. Stacks are exactly 30-35 BBs, not less.

So I'm a bit confused of the reasons:
Is it because they don't know about stack being measured in BBs and how to play different stack sizes? Or is it because they don't know how else to play their hand and what to do postflop then? Or is it totally reasonable play - you see nothing wrong with it? Any other thoughts?

Share your opinions. Thanks :)

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
30 BBs very much, to my knowledge 16 BB max. I think such players are, you don't have to take it seriously, they just go all-in with a loose range. Knowing this, we can easily get their money XD
Why do they do it? because not good players :)

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i agree they are probably bad players however if you are going to fold to the bet i probably would do it just to steal. you may call a reasonable 3 bet but the all in will most of the time cause you to fold. keep notes on these players and exploit their weakness

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to see these plays when we've gone past the mid point of an MTT. The bubble isn't an issue yet but the blinds have reached a level that start to affect play. Players tighten up a bit so the LAGs tend to try a steal here and there and the guys you are talking about decide to lower the hammer with a push. I don't recall that their stacks were only 30-35 bbs but it kind of makes sense. Re steal from the BB and now you've got the button and late position coming right up for perhaps another small pot. Now their stack has grown to 45 BBs or more and life is good.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why Shove

These pushes come from blinds as resteals to 2.2-2.4 raises and from late positions, against someone who is rather active and against tight players. I'm talking about micros here. Stacks are exactly 30-35 BBs, not less.

So I'm a bit confused of the reasons:
Is it because they don't know about stack being measured in BBs and how to play different stack sizes? Or is it because they don't know how else to play their hand and what to do postflop then? Or is it totally reasonable play - you see nothing wrong with it? Any other thoughts?

Share your opinions. Thanks :)

Thank you for posting.

Weak players make this play for the reasons you know. They only understand preflop play.

This way of playing is a mistake most of the time. We make money when our opponents make mistakes.
What I feel is important here is how do I take advantage of this mistake?

We must look into the why of the shove?
Do they shove because your player pool does not fold? If so why not shove all your great hands preflop?
Are they shoving small pairs for protection?
Are they only shoving when 3 betting?

Etc Etc Etc

Hope this helps?

:):):)

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We call these players DONKS!!!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While I think shoving 30+ BB is a bit much when some only raised it 2.5X I can see why some players will do this. Some very tight players do this out of fear or greed. They hate playing post flop but there are times you have a player who just will call you not believing you would shove 30BB with aces.

Jilty

Jilty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your playing micros, they've won with aggression before and they buy-ins are so small.. what's $10-20 to someone that can do something for 3-4 hours and if they win they're content.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wild guess, since we are talking about micros is that they dont have an idea about big blinds and stack sizes. 10bb, 20bb, 30bb, 40bb is all the same to them. And I am pretty sure if you call them, you may see hands like A9o, KJ, pocket deuces. They just dont get it.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Re-stealing with a 30-35BB stack against a < 2.5BB raise seems a bit silly to me. Even with antes in play, this play risks a lot of chips for about 3.5BB. Re-steals are great with stacks of 15-25BB against looser late position raises. It could be several different things. I don't play micros, but I hear that play is a bit wild and there are a lot of loose calls. So, a play like this with KK/AA could work out well if you expect to get called. You mentioned the other possibilities. Either they have little confidence in their post-flop play or they are getting bored and are hoping to double up.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've seen this at all levels they'll push and somehow win with garbage then sit out when they get a healthy stack

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the smaller the preflop raise, the easier it will be to make continuation bet and second barrel

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is true that in micro most of the time you will see this play on the part of recreational players. But, that does not mean that it is a strategy that some reg used to re-steal when someone is openraise very loose. It is a little risky, but if you analyze the range of the very loose player, for example: open 25%, and he can only pay for 30bb with 3-4% of that range that is openraise. It is a profitable movement without doubts against certain rivals

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't respect such allin lovers, they are without any piece of mind