Why am I losing every time on final table with AA,AK,KK,QQ,JJ ?

H

hresurse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why am I loosing everytime on final table or when I am very close to the final table with AA,AK,KK,QQ,JJ ?

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why am I loosing everytime on final table or when I am very close to the final table with AA,AK,KK,QQ,JJ ?

The deeper you get in an MTT, the more all ins you have to win to survive.

It is hard to win 3 all ins in a row, even if you are an 80% favorite

80% * 3 = 51.2%

When trying to win 5 all ins in a row the odds are even slimmer

80% * 5 = 32.3%

Provided you are only getting all in with the best hands, most of the time you are going to bust out of the tournament EVENTUALLY with one of those hands. Because it's hard to win every all in.

Doesn't mean you are doing anything wrong, this is just the nature of tournament poker, and this is why finding ways to chip up without having to get all-in preflop will help you run deeper and make the final table much more often.

Hope that helps, and here's a couple of little videos for bonus studying!

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it depends on the situation you are in and how you are behaving with these hands whenever you have 20bbs or less with these hands and puche fold there is no mini raise or call with these hands.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
You can not lose every time, you exaggerate. There are different situations, but if you have strong cards you always have a chance to win. Do not worry, I think your victories are still ahead.
Good luck.

brunonick269

brunonick269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The deeper you get in an MTT, the more all ins you have to win to survive.

It is hard to win 3 all ins in a row, even if you are an 80% favorite

80% * 3 = 51.2%

When trying to win 5 all ins in a row the odds are even slimmer

80% * 5 = 32.3%

Provided you are only getting all in with the best hands, most of the time you are going to bust out of the tournament EVENTUALLY with one of those hands. Because it's hard to win every all in.

Doesn't mean you are doing anything wrong, this is just the nature of tournament poker, and this is why finding ways to chip up without having to get all-in preflop will help you run deeper and make the final table much more often.

Hope that helps, and here's a couple of little videos for bonus studying!

Wow man, that's perfect, really help me, in the begginning I was doing all in a lot of time even with this hands I lost.
But now, what I do is not expose myself in all in, even it is necessary.
Have no way to in, even if yoh are AA and the villain 2-7 off sometimes he will get you!!

O

oscarhuka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the previous posts, I also add that it depends on your number of blinds and as you know don't face the chip leader

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't think you lose all the time with those hands, many times we also win with very low preflop hands. Sometimes it's a matter of luck friend. GL

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't worry about this it's just a bad time but if you try more you have more % to win this this cards every hand !! in the time line You are the winner of the pot !!

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Many players have difficulty when they play AA, КК, Indeed, difficult situations often arise during their draw, but knowing how to play them correctly will bring you a lot of money.

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem..
I'll stop going all in in pre flop..
I think we have to try to play hands until the river
Then we can decide with all the probabilities on the table

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is close to the final table, I just all in with AA or KK when I have a short stack about 13bb. Otherwise, I just play very slow with others, I don't want to lose a lot of chip at this moment and wait for other players having very short stack busted. This moment is not a time to flip coins.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most likely, just a black line is coming, but sooner or later everything will change. I’m less likely to go all in preflop, I prefer to look at the cards and only after that I can go all in.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you feel that you are constantly unlucky, try to play more carefully and not risk the entire stack every time, of course, if this is not the push-fold stage.

Remember, no matter how strong your hand is, none of them gives you a 100% chance of winning.
The same 20% when aces lose can happen at any time.:)

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are deep in the money or at final table then you are playing against experienced players.
So to play against experienced players you need to watch their betting patterns and always try to play your ranges not just your cards.
Try to refrain from shoving in later phase of the tourney unless your stack is very shallow.
Respect position and Raises from a tight player.

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) If someone is able to run you off with 72 it means you should play more aggressive to make weak cards be discarded.
2) Be carefull with flop. If there are any combination can be collected - thank as it is. You never know: some players can play with 57, 69 and any other trash)
3) And of cause all depends on BB)

Giancarlomen

Giancarlomen

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my point of view, you should read and watch better your opponents actions in those tables and have a bit of luck!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are the hands everyone overplays,,including me most times,,the key is pot control.;)

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it’s just a selective memory (we remember for a long time when we were moved) or a black bar at a short distance! The main thing is to play correctly and your + EV will soon turn into real money! Good luck

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahahah.. believe me i am asking myself the same question all the time. How much i am losing "winning" cards i started to believe in 10 7 and 23 ❤

dylangarcia3

dylangarcia3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are having a bad day bro, you should be passive!

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is difficult to say without a specific hand history. There can be many reasons. In general, that is all I can say, a good starting hand does not guarantee that you will win! You played too aggressively or too passively, in that particular situation!

M

mkdjdfb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most likely, you are just running bad. You need to accept the fact that variance is part of poker.

A

aMazing33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
ZA
Chips

How are you play your starting hand? Pushing all-in? Big initial raise then pushing on flop? Don’t forget the small stack will be wanting to double up and so will be pushing/calling with any good cards

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Winning all-in is necessary to win tournaments, I think the luck factor comes in here, especially at the final tables.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
OK..was this always at showdown? How many were in the pot and what were their stack sizes? What was your position? How many times exactly did you lose? What kind of game and what was the buy -in?...And about 30 other basic questions that you need to ask yourself. Answer these kinds of questions before entering your next game may get you onto the final table...at least you made it ITM!!:icon_stud