Why after a win are transplanted to a different table?

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
In some poker rooms right after winning moved to another table . I understand when transplanted from the big blind . Or it happens randomly . After transplanting to a different table to me quite often ceases to come card . Are there any rules for poker online when balancing tables ?

rari458

rari458

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have often wondered this myself, and some of the ideas that came to mind, although I have no further information to back up these claims, are as follows:

In regards to random table re-assignments, Attempting to keep the total number of tables to a minimum, if multiple tables have one empty seat, it would be possible to consolidate a table and insert them into another table.

When a big win occurs, or a knockout, I think that tables are re-assigned in an effort to equalize the average amount of chips per table.

Once again, these are just assumptions that I have made, and look forward if anybody has any concrete information on the reasons for this.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
They balance tables. Has nothing to do with equalizing chips but it is about equalizing players.
They have automated numbers when to break a table the table that hands finish first is broken and players distributed. The table you are on is most likely to break after some is knocked cause the number to reach to break was achieved with that knockout. They try to keep the positioning on previous table as close as possible but you will sometimes jump ahead a position or two.

From pokerstars Policy Section 2 "Eliminations"

Point 16

As players are eliminated from the tournament, the software will “break” tables to fill available empty seats. The re-seating of players at broken tables is performed randomly and, although rare, may result in a player having to post multiple big blinds in a row. On occasion, the software may balance tables to ensure all tables have an equal (or as close to equal as possible) number of active players. Players moved individually to balance tables will, when possible, be moved to similar positions relative to the blinds. When enough players have been eliminated, all players are brought together at the ‘final table’.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Means program . It would be interesting to know what does she feel ? On the alignment of the tables or all the same players ? I have stack after doubling it happens quite often . The most offensive that stops card . Or you find yourself at a table where the enemy stack twice .

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Live is sometimes a little different they tend to break the outer table first or a particular section first or even sometimes they might break a table in the middle table and move one of the outer tables to the middle. This is done as it is easier schematically and also they can use these tables for other games.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Means program . It would be interesting to know what does she feel ? On the alignment of the tables or all the same players ? I have stack after doubling it happens quite often . The most offensive that stops card . Or you find yourself at a table where the enemy stack twice .

It is hard when you move tables because you loose all reads on players. You basically have to start from scratch as you may not know new players and tendencies.

Sometimes though I am really happy to move there might be an aggressive player or big stack on left or sometimes just card dead.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Live poker all the same it is another matter . I'm interested in this online program . On what parameters it works ? RNG ? Or something else ?

HennieP

HennieP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reason why it might feel like you're being moved after a win or a loss is simply because you don't see that everyone else at your table also get moved. As you get close to the final table it becomes obvious what is going on. As people are knocked out, players are pulled from the other tables to maintain the same number of players per table. So a table with 5 players for example will either get split up or they might get new players depending on how the other table are doing.

If you are moved don't panic. Play it cool for a few orbits until you're familiar with everyone and then get back into it.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know exactly but I think it's done for balance,another option that the program throws to players with similar play style

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The reason why it might feel like you're being moved after a win or a loss is simply because you don't see that everyone else at your table also get moved. As you get close to the final table it becomes obvious what is going on. As people are knocked out, players are pulled from the other tables to maintain the same number of players per table. So a table with 5 players for example will either get split up or they might get new players depending on how the other table are doing.

If you are moved don't panic. Play it cool for a few orbits until you're familiar with everyone and then get back into it.
This!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live poker all the same it is another matter . I'm interested in this online program . On what parameters it works ? RNG ? Or something else ?

Yes it's done via RNG

ChronicFish

ChronicFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think there should be..... i was placed on
the big blind consecutively on a rebuy
i mean they should of at least gave me one
shot at the goods given it was late rounds
25$ buyins i shouldnt of been placed on big blind
every damn time lol.

vvalente

vvalente

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apparently, it's RANDOM, always trying to put you in the same position. But I'm not lucky, I'm always played to put 2x blinds, or at some table that has a monster stack.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
just redrawing tables as the amount of players decreases

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
and in live tournaments also transplanted players or just replacing those who left?

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Pokerstars quote under Eliminations - Rule 16

As players are eliminated from the tournament, the software will “break” tables to fill available empty seats. The re-seating of players at broken tables is performed randomly and, although rare, may result in a player having to post multiple big blinds in a row. On occasion, the software may balance tables to ensure all tables have an equal (or as close to equal as possible) number of active players. Players moved individually to balance tables will, when possible, be moved to similar positions relative to the blinds. When enough players have been eliminated, all players are brought together at the ‘final table’.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because playing with 27 players on 9 tables, for example, doesn't make any sense.