When you reach the final table. What do you think?

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most people play too tight at final tables so I think your instincts to play looser and pressure your opponents are great. Probably if you take it so far that you would describe your strategy as "suicidal," however, then you should tone it down slightly :D

Be aggressive and pressure risk-averse opponents but be willing to change gears when opponents start playing back at you or you're mid-stacked and benefit significantly from shorter stacks busting.

Big_Banana

Big_Banana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I had a mistake, I had QQ and near the front man KK . I Loose All Chips

I think today was not my day to win

Last edited by a moderator:
Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Depends? If i have decent stack then try to send others to :sleep: and if not then hope that other people would be smart enough to KO eachother lol

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

This is not a huge mistake. It depends on your position on the table. If you shove in beginning positions, you have bigger chances to face a coin flip. Sometimes worse.
It depends on the stakes of the players too.
But when you have QQ and someone shows AA or KK, it's just a question of luck. And it happens all the time in poker.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always bluff and suicide all in.
Therefore, the first thing you should do is pick the weakest link at the table. Despite the fact that we have gathered a lot of information about the opponents for the final table, this may not be enough for you. Therefore, what you should immediately pay attention to is the size of the stacks, so that the opponent with the shortest stack immediately becomes a target for all players. But the most important thing in the final game is not being afraid to enter the pot, if it really is necessary, you cannot let your thoughts about the amount of prize money break your game.
Also at the final table you can meet opponents with low ROI and $ 100k in prize money won. Although these players have experience playing in MTT tournaments, they are quite reckless, so they will answer your all-in for the purpose of stealing. This type of player should only steal the blinds with strong cards. Do not forget to be guided by our notes and our own analysis of the game. After all, regardless of the statistics, many players who hit the final table for the first time begin to play in a completely different way.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I probably overplay ICM too much but I am big on seeing and continually keeping track of where my stack is compared to others at the final table. If I am a larger stack then you can usually pick on the middle stacks if you believe they know ICM since they will not want to go out with small stacks there. If I am a small stack with none or one smaller stack then I am looking to be aggressive and chip up. Being a middle stack is the hardest in my opinion as you need to know when it is correct to risk it for a big stack but not be knocked out when there are small stacks close to going out.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will usually play tight unless I see some passiveness then I will try to pick up some pots.

Big_Banana

Big_Banana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How did the action proceed? Hopefully you didn't push all in preflop :D?
I came to the set QQ like hey I had all in, but the one near me had all in with Raise , I understood that I was suicide done

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is really suicidal:D. For me I play normal poker when I have a decent stack, if I'm shortstack I do things like you do lol

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Final table - that's a good one!

Just win all the chips you can and be happy.

There's always another table in my experience. :D

Good luck!

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Nothing special. I just try to analyze the other palyers at the table, and show confidence.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! It all depends on his own stack, if the villain has less stack than mine, then even on the middle hand I will go against his all-in, but in general it is better to watch the flop and evaluate your chances, it will be a shame if you lose to the small card after reaching the final.
Best regards, Sergei.

DaaBee

DaaBee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have done the same. Not a crazy move. you got beat by a better hand.
The worst thing to happen would be a 6 9 off suit, hitting 2 pair..or full house... :eek:

Play what you got

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on who to bluff against and what cards to go all in with...

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO - FT is all about position & how many bb you have compared to the other players.

Calling an all-in with QQ isn't a terrible suicidal play. If you were short stacked you have no choice in this spot, unless you have a strong constitution, and there are 3-4 shorter stacks than you. If you were big stacked - damn - that's a hard one, but opponent tendency can influence your decision here, if you have history with the player - you can know if he shoves light or tight.

D

damas13251

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its all depends what stack are u its never one and simple answer.

Big_Banana

Big_Banana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have more stack at the final table then I will only all in these but big cards should also come. If I do not have big cards, only folding will be better.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I just think about enjoying it because it is very difficult to reach a final table. And of course I think about winning it trying to avoid hands that could cause me problems post-flop

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I play final table carefully untill I we remain max 4.Avter that -more agressive.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Final Table

Getting to the final table in any event to me is an accomplishment in itself. How I play depends on where I sit as far as my chip total vs others chip totals. As I said getting to the final table is great by itself.

GL All ! :D