When you notice someone trying to survive to ITM, what do you do?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Say you are in a MTT with 60 tables remaining and there is about 1 orbit left till in the money and you are middle stack with 10BB. You see a guy just surrendered the Big Blinds and Small blinds, with 0.6BB left. You know they are trying to stall to the money.

Do you play regularly?
Do you help them stall?
Do you play even faster, to blind them out, so they miss the orbit?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Send that person (ASAP) to sleep obviously :cool:

L

lakemanlou28

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol. 60'tables left? How many started tourney? But generally speaking. Isnt strategy to abuse bubble if you have a big stack? But otherwise play tight unless your given big pairs? That right?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol. 60'tables left? How many started tourney? But generally speaking. Isnt strategy to abuse bubble if you have a big stack? But otherwise play tight unless your given big pairs? That right?

3000-4000 entries. Usually top 15% pays.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive been there many times, especially when not getting good cards. Please be gentle lol

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Things like varying my speed of play to manipulate that kind of thing is too shenanigan-ey for me. When I sit down to play poker, I sit down to play POKER, not silly buggers.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game will be forgotten, but the result will remain, no matter how you play in the bubble, the main thing is to achieve the desired result, all methods are good.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Say you are in a MTT with 60 tables remaining and there is about 1 orbit left till in the money and you are middle stack with 10BB. You see a guy just surrendered the Big Blinds and Small blinds, with 0.6BB left. You know they are trying to stall to the money.

Do you play regularly?
Do you help them stall?
What I've done which has worked more times than not:
-maximize or minimize your decision time according to where you are at the table
-don't attack the bigger blinds that could wipe you out
-play your hands in position and/or bluff if you have scared money in front of you (this depends on the quality of the table)
-if the players at the table know you and you know them make your play according to something inconsistent (if you have a big hand) or something consistent (if you have a weak hand but which can show value at the river) again position dependent. I've folded AA here and have raised with low suited connectors. This is because I felt I could outplay some people after ITM with a smaller stack-- as well, many other low stacks just start going all-in after the bubble.
Ultimately it depends upon how much you value being ITM in this game. Depending upon the graduation of the pay scale after the bubble, time invested in this game, my bankroll and the buy-in as well as taking the prior points into consideration I'll either squeak in and start taking calculated risks or I'll risk it all while trying to see as much of the flop as possible against the least amount of players.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I play based on my cards that come to me when dealing, if there is an opportunity to pick up more chips, I will take them. We all sat down at the poker table so that only one player would remain at it.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always made this move to mow them quickly and I always chipped, so I adopted the strategy of playing regularly. and it always works.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Do you play regularly?
Do you help them stall?

dude) this is not an average stack, but a game for playing push / fold and only that. better not to execute

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Attack someone who is trying to limp in.. If I'm limping, I'm folding..

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow what thread.
Help them? You are sure you want play poker?
There is only solution show them exit,because every player who lost,it is good for you,you are climbing step by step to take reward.
YOu must play to win,not to give other players life!

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many possible cases in which it is best not to do anything with only 10BB but in this case I would play as I do regularly if I have the opportunity to send him to sleep is fine but I will not try to eliminate it with either hand because it can be worse and double the stack to him

taylormaade

taylormaade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With only 10BBs you should be less concerned about their stack and more about doubling your own.

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've already experienced both situations, reaching the bubble loosely and falling for pressing too much, and passing the bubble too small and tight!

But this is the moment that you can decide the game, if you have a lot of chips, it's time to attack and try to get big, but if you got small, better select the range to get into the money.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your own stack is only 10BB, then the best strategy will generally be to slow down action to allow someone to bust at one of the other tables. Having a short stack at your own table makes no real difference.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Attack those players. If there’s others at the table I’d make sure to play them according to my read on them. You need to find ways to take uncontested pots in these situations

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In such moments I play aggressively, either let the rivals fly out or I.There is no mercy in this game!

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Eat them alive, If I have a chance... :D

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just do what is good for your game, its not your job to take the shorty out, but if you get any chances to make opportunistic moves on them - take it.

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don’t most tournaments do hand for hand play in this situation? That’s what happens online.