When you bluff on the river!

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sdfsdf
How often you bluff all-in in tournament?
What are the advantages and disadvantages in the long run?

nucl

nucl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only in specific situations where I put my opponent in an exact range where he can't call me with my bet size.
For example I don't like the bluff in your photo 😱
Villain is getting a pretty juice price to call even with Kxc.

Cheers 🍻

H

Hellokeko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pushing all in on a bluff in a tournament should be rightly calculated tactic. You need to make sure you have some type of read indicator otherwise still bluff lol

Milosika1991

Milosika1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only when I have the feeling that I can bluff...:cool:

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would have to be crazy to use an all in bluff in a tournament as along run move.

M

maykmar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only when safe bets for wagering and you make them believe that you have a high pocket pair, but do not bluff just for

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a situation of bluffing on the river, your real goal is to determine the range of the opponent as accurately as possible and on the basis of their assumptions to make a decision.A bluff on the river is one of those things that everyone knows needs to be done !

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I rarely do, but if I sense weakness and I need chips I will. ALso, if I have a big stack, I may try to bully the small stack.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing allin is really only acceptable with a short stack, otherwise it can be disastrous and a huge waste of chips. I see a lot more over-bets lately.

R

RUMACASTILLO

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that although it is a risky bluff because of the amount of chips you had, the position gave you some bluffequity, you could have hands like 45c, 76.Ax, risky but it worked hahaha

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would risk going all in with a pure bluff, only if i know for certain it will work; i prefer semi bluffs and c-bets; and this is because there are certain players who call you with middle pair;moving all in makes them stop a little in their thinking, but sometimes they call. so, i do it rarely, if the spr is low.

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that although it is a risky bluff because of the amount of chips you had, the position gave you some bluffequity, you could have hands like 45c, 76.Ax, risky but it worked hahaha
It works when you feel hopeless to play (desperate move):(

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes I do it. It depend on the specific situation.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
To learn how to bluff well,

To learn how to bluff well, you need to feel the game and feel opponents. I usually bluff very rarely, basically I like to call someone's bluff when I feel that the opponent has nothing and my card is older than the opponent's card. On the river, it's worth bluffing when the opponent checks all the previous streets, or makes small bets to get you out of the game. You should always look at the situation and it is advisable to use Hold'em Manager or Poker Tracker to know what opponents you can bluff and against whom you can not bluff.

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Choose your bluffs Wisley. ..I bluff if my opponent if the board let's me if they bet into.me then the turn brings out a third diamond or whatever and they check then I will bluff a flush or if the board has a Ace or if it pairs something small like 3K3 then.I will rep a 3. You definitely need to think about your bluffs and what position u r in and how many players r in hand.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the bluff has to be very moderate and execute it at the precise moment,
it seems to me that it is a weapon that we have to have in our arsenal since we are not always going to receive good hands, the problem is when we abuse this and the others identify us for it, We are going to start paying with all their worst hands and we will have trouble running a villain by the hand.

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think an important thing to remember is that the more people that are in the pot, the less likely your bluff will succeed.

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is very rare and careful, throwing all the chips on the table is dangerous. But without bluffing on the map, do not reach the high places.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffin all in is a rare rare thing for me. If you win you get some chips if you lose you lose your entire stack and your tournament life.