When to triple barrel bluff?

Miketheman190

Miketheman190

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how often do u triple barrel bluff? What type of board/hand or spot do u guys think is best to triple barrel bluff at

R

RobQQ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm

i would say when theres a limited amount of players in hand. especially if theres only two and you put your opponent on a draw hand. Even if you didnt hit your opponent dont need to know that. Odd are they were just looking for that next heart to hit or something. Its ok to follow it through and push hard on the river it you dont think they made there hand...

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tripple barrels should mostly only be used when you think your opponent is on a draw hand and missed it but it can also work if they're on a small pair and just don't quite believe u after the first 2 bullets.

pimpbot5000sp3

pimpbot5000sp3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the above. I'll also add that it helps to know something about the opponent. You don't want to triple barrel into calling stations. It helps if you have at least seen them fold a hand post flop, preferably on the river.

By firing 3 barrels you are basically telling the story that you made a good hand on the flop. You are value betting the flop, and turn, AND river because that hand is still so good. There is a chance your opponent doesn't understand any of that. You don't want to 3 barrel bluff noobs.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
When you have blockers to nuts and when your whole range hit board much better than villains range.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow I never knew there was so much involved in bluffing. This was very interesting to read everyone's posts on this topic.

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the above. I'll also add that it helps to know something about the opponent. You don't want to triple barrel into calling stations. It helps if you have at least seen them fold a hand post flop, preferably on the river.

By firing 3 barrels you are basically telling the story that you made a good hand on the flop. You are value betting the flop, and turn, AND river because that hand is still so good. There is a chance your opponent doesn't understand any of that. You don't want to 3 barrel bluff noobs.

Definitely knowing your opponent is crucial. Another thing is that I would rarely ever consider a 3 barrel bluff unless I was the preflop aggressor, optimally raising a limper near the cutoff because they are bound to have more speculative hands without intrinsic value.

Also I recognize OP from a previous thread and I really hope you are considering finding a job or going back to school. Poker is definitely an awesome hobby/skill to invest into but it will take forever to make a real income out of.

Aslachiewicz

Aslachiewicz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill take this one guys...3 barrelling is in reference to betting on all 3 streets of play. your first barrel would be betting on the flop. your 2nd barrel would be betting on the turn and your third barrel would be betting on the river.

I love all of the ideas and suggestions above.. IMO when you have blockers to nutted hands is a great time opportunity to bluff. Missed draws another great option. However, players and stack sizes play a vital part in deciding when to 3 barrel as well.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
when there is in the play there are not so many involved and especially if I made a good analysis of the players

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your table image is important.We set ourselves up for these things to work,,,,or fail.;)

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Triple barrel bluffs can be extremely tough to pull through against calling stations that can't be bluffed. The texture of the board can be to your advantage if you put your opponent on a medium strength hand that can make a laydown. It all depends on your opponent. Is villian capable of making laydowns? What hand are you telling the story of to your opponent?

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Three barrel bluffing only when they see the weakness of the opponent

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

I do triple barrel bluff on rare occasions. If I do it I am careful to represent a premium hand right from the start. It usually does work. Good luck !

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Very tough play, seriously most of the times I am all in at the 3rd barrel. You must have reading skills and always know how light the opponents call your barrels with their mediocre and missed draws!

I don't know if you are using a HUD or if you are talking about online\ live poker but if you play online the WTSD (went at showdown) statistic is the one you want to look and the WSD (win at showdown).
Be extra careful against who you are firing against. The opponent must be a thinker and not a careless calling station!