jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Howdy!

I've been running like dirt over the past 2 months with promotions/game selection being the only reason why I'm not in a mega BR downswing.

Any suggestions for me?

I think the game is solid, I'm just losing every spot where I need to hold (MTTs).

Thanks! :)

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think game selection is part of being a good player so I don't think there's anything wrong with that helping to keep your BR afloat. Maybe look to cut our your highest level of buy in and drop down table count so you can focus on playing every hand the best you can.

Plus it never hurts so spend some time working on your game away from the tables. Downswings do happen, but they are usually go on for prolonged stretches when we don't have a high win rate in the games we are playing. Improve the game, grow the bankroll

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play MTTs, then downswings can easily last for month, unless you play insane volume. So just focus on still playing well (not tilting) and maybe move down a bit as suggested. For me, when I am in a downswing, this is certainly not the time, I want to take shots at a higher buyin or try something completely new. Rather I want to go back to the games, I know, I am beating, and then play them a lot, until eventually my luck turns around.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can also add that you should start with micro-limits say Sit & Go 0.25 while choosing only regular tournaments, not turbo or hyper-turbo tournaments. Start with one tournament throughout the week and add one tournament every subsequent week. This will help you get used to multi-tabling and gradually build up your bankroll.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play MTTs, then downswings can easily last for month, unless you play insane volume. So just focus on still playing well (not tilting) and maybe move down a bit as suggested. For me, when I am in a downswing, this is certainly not the time, I want to take shots at a higher buyin or try something completely new. Rather I want to go back to the games, I know, I am beating, and then play them a lot, until eventually my luck turns around.

Thanks fundiver. I have been doing a good job at this. I'm just continuing to assess the spot I was in and whether or not I made the correct decision. I have luckily been able to limit the damage of the "run bad."

I'm ready for it to be over. :)

I can't wait to bink my next one.