What's your opinion on R+A tourney's?

M

midni7e7oker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like they have cheaper buy-ins, but man seems like you lose value every time someones buys chips.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like they have cheaper buy-ins, but man seems like you lose value every time someones buys chips.

How are you losing value if there's more money in the pot and people are playing looser?

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I was in the same opinion as you. But they do have a decent amount of value IF you have no problem with spending a couple of buy ins to go for the prize.

This doesn't mean you should play too looser and join the donk fest. But you'll get many opportunities from many loose players who are trying to double, triple up asap or go broke and get back with another buy in.

Only go for them if your bankroll allows you to do a couple of buy ins more.

M

midni7e7oker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's why I asked. My thought process was that after eliminating a person from the field, their ability to buy back in and maintain the same field size kinda skewed things. But more chips to accumulate makes sense, too. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like such tournaments. You can play a, then someone with money more than you buy yourself chips. And he has almost the same number of chips. This is frightening.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like it! My first big score is 1st place in $3.30 rebay at pokerstars! After that I won couple big rebay tournaments (109 rebay, 215 rebay..)

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just don`t like that option `rebuy` :D

dominiq

dominiq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Form me the R+A tourneys are for those who like playing the style 'all-in->lose->try again-> all in ..." :D
You have to be very lucky to win something with such opponents.

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have the bankroll to play them, then they are usually awesome since you can build a big stack at the start of the tourney then you have a big advantage.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I do not like such tournaments. And I do not like late registration.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like it! My first big score is 1st place in $3.30 rebay at pokerstars! After that I won couple big rebay tournaments (109 rebay, 215 rebay..)

My first big score was in a rebuy tournament too (a $55 rebuy).
Though, rebuy tournaments ask for very strict discipline and it needs some adjustment comparing it with normal freeze outs.

I personally prefer normal freeze outs without to much time of late registration.
In my opinion though, I think our style of playing decides what fits better for you.

J

Jazeapokergod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind them with a small field, and small buy in. The add on is pretty much mandatory, as everyone else adds on too lol. You just have to let let the donkfest pass in the early levels.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to hate this form of poker. However, its a good way to win more cash if ya win... Fortunately, lots of players will rebuy in the heat of the moment, making it worth your while to try to place in the money. For me, I try to mix it up, making it more fun. And try to learn from my mistakes and or learn new methods to win... Lots of thinking....:)

Q

Quasimodo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's been a while since I had played rebuys/addon tourneys, or for that matter it's also been a while since I played any real money online. However some sites at the time I was playing a lot had an addon that was many chips more than what the rebuys were costing. These were sats for main event tickets so my strategy was enter tourney near addon when donk-fest was coimng to it's end and had created a larger pool of tickets awarded. I won many entries at bargain prices but sadly not the main event. There's pros and cons to every aspect offered and being more familiar makes you more complete of a player-but not in my case though, I'm familiar but still a loser.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like it, many loose, and maniacal players go all in with any **** .. I like to regulate

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like them - bigger prize pools and so many players adjust badly to rebuy period.

You don't have to play any differently if you don't want to, but if you are playing within your bankroll you can take more chances to get a big stack since you are not out if you lose a big hand during the rebuy period.

Good luck to you!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I tend to avoid them because the option to rebuy as many times as you want seems to attract very loose players. Even for the first stages a huge donkfest takes place , something I don't like at all! If you are a discipline player you may take some advantage from the pure gambler and exploit them in some spots.

The only good thing from that story is that the prizepool gets juicier :p

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't mind them, any more than any other tournament, it is just like playing a larger field and I factor the add-on into the initial cost (as long as it is a significant amount of chips at that time). I avoid rebuying, myself, except possibly once or twice if things appear profitable. If I have to rebuy more than once or twice, I am probably having a bad time and my mind won't be in the game enough to make it profitable.

trippin

trippin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just add a bounty, that is what I'd say at least.

dragon1977

dragon1977

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer freezout but sometimes I play R+A tourney's.

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind the R+A option other than the fact that they draw the time out. I am pretty busy so I prefer small to mid size tournament fields. And to have a rebuy or late registration sometimes over an hour into the play!

RakeFace

RakeFace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
R+A were My bread and butter games for 3years. Exellent choice to find overlay and easy gameplay. Enter at addon break. Buy in and. Addon only. Maasive amount of Dead money. These can Be found on iPoker, 888 Winamax ACR and Party. A lot of them are mathematically EV+ just to register. Signiicantly better hourly than grinding regulars for 6h and Getting that doubleup on buy in or Even with a bigger score most likely barely reaching 30€ hourly.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a fan of R&A games, and I generally do well in them.

They do not play the same as a regular tourney, and if you think they will, you will be gobbled alive.

The trick is to have at least 10x the buy in available to re-buy. If you think about that and normally play $10.00 you probably have a bankroll well above $100, and should really have closer to $200 in your bankroll on that site.

I have that much at feel real comfortable playing $.25 and 50 cent R&A's.