What is your poker Pet Peeve?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate table changes, especially right after you play the blinds, they take you away and stick you in UTG and you get to pay the blinds again. This can be devastating when you are short stacked.

I hate being trap between 2 large stack when I am short myself. Basically get blind steal every time you on the big blind and have no chance of stealing yourself because you can easily get called down.

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate table changes, especially right after you play the blinds, they take you away and stick you in UTG and you get to pay the blinds again. This can be devastating when you are short stacked.

I hate being trap between 2 large stack when I am short myself. Basically get blind steal every time you on the big blind and have no chance of stealing yourself because you can easily get called down.

When I read the title it was going to be all the early allins, they drive me MAD :mad:

But now that I've read your point about table moves, yes, I have noticed this too. I've sworn at the PC because "I've just F**ing paid the blinds!" lol

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Button Limp

It folds around to the button in a cash game and the button limps!

Even worse - the button ends up showing a garbage hand.

I could be big fan of limping to trap...but with complete garbage the button and not playing it aggressively - the button is just wasting everybody's time!

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find the bingo players that go all in with any 2 cards. They tend to hang out in freerolls and drive many of the players away for it is very annoying when they want to sit in and have a friendly game of poker. When you call them out they say they are only having fun! One site l play on they caused the freerolls not to run and if someone says something about it to them then they're the bad guy.:D:D

vegafx12

vegafx12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

One thing I never knew I hated, but just recently found out I absolutely despise... I just recently started playing the Jackpot Sit N' Go games and for some reason -- not sure why -- it bugs the shit out of me when people don't bet in nice, clean, round numbers. People will sometimes bet amounts like 163, or 289, etc. and shit like that. Come on, man!! Why not just round that shit up???

Also, one other thing that really annoys me...

A vast majority of players I'm finding myself seated with in MTTs seem to have this idiotic idea engraved in their brains, that the only way you can play your big pocket pair, or bluff someone off a hand, or try to steal blinds, etc. is to shove all-in. I see so many people knocking themselves out of tournaments with this play and I just don't understand why... I end up wasting my own precious mental energy replaying hands, trying to figure out what their thought process was. Then, I just wind up driving myself crazy because I just can't figure out why they thought it was a good idea. Time and time again. Every tournament. Every table. I see it, but I just don't understand it....

N

ndarragh91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early all ins with trash hands, and they usually end up winning

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depositing more than I have withdrawn especially or just depositing too much in general on poker sites is definitely my primary Pet Peeve everything else is secondary.

A

atcj13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People that tank every hand with 5bb late in a tournament with no ladder approaching.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Online. people who go zzzzzz especially in zoom games..

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Table moves not being synchronized for position as you mention is a pet peeve of mine. Players who berate others using the chat is also aggravating. I have no issue with being mad at a player or thinking they arent good but why type it? Just let it out to your computer, vent and pout, and leave it at that. No need to let others know what you think of their skills.

Bingo players do bother me as well even though I know in the long run it is profitable. In the short run it can be a ticket to an early exit.

Another are fast structures. They have their place and I even like to play turbos depending on what else I have going on but tournaments that start with an ante and arent supposed to be turbos (blind levels 10 min+) but then have a fast moving structure. If I want to play in a turbo I can choose one but there are too many tournaments where levels increase in size faster than they should based on what type of tournament they are advertised as (my favorite example is the "deep stacked" tourneys that give you a huge stack but start levels off at 250/500 with a 65 ante. Deep stacked yes in number but not in reality).

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All-in

The player that goes all-in on a regular basis is mine.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Table moves not being synchronized for position as you mention is a pet peeve of mine. Players who berate others using the chat is also aggravating. I have no issue with being mad at a player or thinking they arent good but why type it? Just let it out to your computer, vent and pout, and leave it at that. No need to let others know what you think of their skills.

Bingo players do bother me as well even though I know in the long run it is profitable. In the short run it can be a ticket to an early exit.

Another are fast structures. They have their place and I even like to play turbos depending on what else I have going on but tournaments that start with an ante and arent supposed to be turbos (blind levels 10 min+) but then have a fast moving structure. If I want to play in a turbo I can choose one but there are too many tournaments where levels increase in size faster than they should based on what type of tournament they are advertised as (my favorite example is the "deep stacked" tourneys that give you a huge stack but start levels off at 250/500 with a 65 ante. Deep stacked yes in number but not in reality).

I remember playing in something like that! It was called the "Final Table experience." Everyone has 1 million starting chips, but in reality it is 10BB if you buy in late.

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's got to be the player that uses their time clock every hand then folds it

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My poker peeve is players who chat a lot and don't stop talking. Its rude, distracting and disrespectful.

E

Ellah10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donks in live cash games or are always pushing action becuase they have tons of money but always lose.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Making a decent raise with KK, being called and always an ace on flop, followed by big bet from opponent - too often man!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me it is the slow roller. Nothing more anoying to have a guy with pocket aces preflop or the nuts on the river who time it down to the last second and then call. Like they did not know they were going to call.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In live game, the smelly guy who won't shut up.

Online, poker sites that freeze - especially when you have a bet already in the hand.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early unecessary all ins in the of the tournament and long times waiting to act.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes! It happens. But everything is equal. This fact calms me down. You need to play well, so as not to bring the situation to such a necessity. But, sometimes, survival is the only way to get at least some winnings. It's very frustrating when it adjusts to an unpleasant position, but what you do is the way to go.

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PetPeeve :(

Hi, bro. I also face this. It annoys me. Especially in the later stages of the tournament, when there are very few blinds. But this is poker, that's the beauty of it.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a big fan of players eating at the poker table. It's dirty and disgusting to look at.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mine is definitely tournaments with ridiculously long late registration!

F

Fida

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players who shove every hand during freerolls. It's annoying!

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mine is when somebody calls my all in with AA with 82, 73 or K2 and wins. All three actually happened to me.