What you think about this strategy

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think it makes sense to collect the necessary number of chips in the mmt tournament in order to get into the prize zone, and then immediately go to a sit out, until the moment when prize zone comes? In other words, hero builds a large stack and goes into a sit out, until that moment when he gets into the prizes, and only then continues the game. What do you think of this strategy?

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its somewhat a common strategy just not the optimal one imo

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You will lose the opportunity to increase your stack.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think it's a good strategy, the best you can do is be more careful in the bubble, especially players who have more chips than you.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes and no. I think once you have a sizeable chip stack. I don’t get involved with many hands and let the short stacks battle it out. You sense who to take advantage of but don’t sit out entirely

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad strategy.
in addition, in some rooms there are rules about such situations for which they can be punished

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As others have stated probably not the best strategy. Your stack may be large now, but the blinds increase as well as other players stacks. The goal is to to ship the tourney and sitting out I think is more like min cash.

The exception to the rule might be if this is some satellite where the top fifty all get a ticket into a higher buy in tourney. Then it doesn’t matter if you have 1 chip or a million. You just need to get itm

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Do you think it makes sense to collect the necessary number of chips in the mmt tournament in order to get into the prize zone, and then immediately go to a sit out, until the moment when prize zone comes? In other words, hero builds a large stack and goes into a sit out, until that moment when he gets into the prizes, and only then continues the game. What do you think of this strategy?

Save yourself a lot of time if you just stop playing.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad strategy, if from the beginning of the tournament to go to the sitout, the blinds are now growing rapidly in tournaments, registration lasts a long time, so the blinds will eat your stack. If at the end of registration to enter the tournament, because of the high blinds you will have a short stack, with so certainly not up to the sitout )))

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I join the opinion of everyone that this is a bad strategy. When you play to get a ticket, it’s possible, but in this case, you can just go deeply waiting for the best card.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Save yourself a lot of time if you just stop playing.

It's not about saving time, but of wanting to avoid coolers before the prize zone, reducing the effect of dispersion due to a decrease in the number of hands played in big mtt with large field.

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you sit out and when the money bubble comes you have blinded away to a short stack and face a tough battle to make more money?

No.

Since you call this a "strategy", have you done the math on a sample of tournaments to see what you would earn? With variance (you still need to build a large stack) and the blinding away I'm pretty sure you'd lose money in the long run.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is not a strategy this is a wasting of time.

eurosTotnd

eurosTotnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it could be a good strategy in tickets prize tourneys, lets say the tournamen offer 30 same value ticket as prize you are the chip leader by a huge stack and still 35 players to go , you can then retain yourself from playing by sitting out , Enjoy your ticket :p

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can earn a big stack and mind your own business. I got to the final table so many times. In other cases, you lose JJ vs QQ or KK vs AA. Such clashes are inevitable.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can earn a big stack and mind your own business. I got to the final table so many times. In other cases, you lose JJ vs QQ or KK vs AA. Such clashes are inevitable.

Hey, this is exactly what I said. During the game in MTT I often had a very large stack, and if I just went into the sit out, I would be able to reach the prize area and continue the game with a short / medium stack of 20-30bb, but I continued play and as a result i have cooler, and left the tournament without even getting my initial buy-in.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well once you sit back in close to the bubble, there's no guarantee that you're gonna continue to chip up. Due to increasing blinds, your large stack won't be so large anymore once the bubble pops. In the end, you're missing opportunities and value from spots you should be taking. It's just a way too cautious strategy imo.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whatever floats your boat
I don't sit out, I wait for premium hands and don't involved
when I don't need to.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's better to keep playing but not to commit too many chips unless you have the nuts. All-ins preflop even with AA can lead to disaster.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly don't like to lose the momentum when I'm fine, but at the same time it can also be a good strategy against the tilt caused by a good tournament phase.

aGreen

aGreen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats good if u not thinking about win tournament. Sure may be ull win, but % to win going down (imho)

D

Dj_demain_matin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I will not refer to this style of playing as a Strategy. Either you enjoy playing poker or not. Merely sitting out once you have build up your stack is not a good play style. You should think about playing double up sit and go then.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one of the worst ideas i came along in a while.
If you are serious About it, you better stop playing tournaments and start playing cash game where you make a min buy-in, double up and cash out.

min cashing in MTTs is kinda worthless, the final table is where the big Money lies and you won't get there if you miss some chances to increase your stack because you 'sit out to get ITM'.

Seriously, if you Play like that, you will be broke soonish