what would you do?

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok just in powerfest tournament sitting on just under 5mil in chips and got a hand that done me

blinds are 60k/120k Antes 15k

UTG - Fold
UTG+1 - Me - KcQh - Raise 264k
MP - Fold
CO - Fold
BTN - Fold
SB - Fold
BB - Call

FLOP - 3cKsTd

BB - Check
Me - Bet 1/2 pot 346500

BB - Raise - 840000
Me - Raise - 1560000

BB - Shoves for a total of just over 3.7 mil

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I put him on 10-10 or AK,,,fold.:) (mayb QJ)

LumeBStackin

LumeBStackin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly either AK, AA or TT. I too would have folded.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t like re-raising because of the spot you put yourself in.

I would probably fold. KT is the hand I would be most afraid of here.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have called the first raise and then seen another card. All-in on top pair isn't safe enough for me.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i tend to be more aggressive and get these kinda playbacks with ppl just getting fed up.if you think he thinks your being to agressive call but if you havent been then and hes a semisolid player then he is telling you he has the nuts by the check raise reraise or QJ and is trying to be a Doug polk by adding qj to his shoving range xD

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How often have you been cbetting the flop when you raise pre?What are the villains stats?
What is your stats/image?

Without any knowledge of other player I would say maybe checking the flop to keep pot small. Check/Calling most turns and rivers. You are in position so keeping the pot small is what I tend to do with just top pair.

What are your plans when you re-raise the flop? If its for value then you have to go with your hand here. If you don't know why you are re-raising the flop it may be a leak in your game.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A check-raise this late in tournament could only mean set, maybe top 2 pair, unlikely though as you already have one king and AK most likely would have 3-bet preflop.

Could be getting tricky with AA by just calling or set mining 33/1010 but you are most likely WB in this spot and should fold.

When you min-raised preflop, you knew there was a high percentage BB wasn't going anywhere.

I have seen players do this quite often, min-raise from EP/MP/LP with speculative hands, do they not realize that a min-raise will almost always be called by one or both blinds

Last edited:
H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't get me wrong guys I did fold with 3 mil left but then once the tourney ended for the first time ever I thought about checking my equity/odds on the hand because it was quite a big point in the tourney and could have sent it either way but because I did not know what he had so couldn't input the data into the calculator.

I would say that I had been c-betting quite regularly later on in the tourney but early on was happy to check back so maybe it was a QJ open ender might have been AK can't really see it being TT as I would have expected a 3 bet pre with that to try and steal the pot there and then.

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A check-raise this late in tournament could only mean set, maybe top 2 pair, unlikely though as you already have one king and AK most likely would have 3-bet preflop.

Could be getting tricky with AA by just calling or set mining 33/1010 but you are most likely WB in this spot and should fold.

When you min-raised preflop, you knew there was a high percentage BB wasn't going anywhere.

I have seen players do this quite often, min-raise from EP/MP/LP with speculative hands, do they not realize that a min-raise will almost always be called by one or both blinds

at 120k blinds my maths says 264k is 2.2 not a min raise

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How often have you been cbetting the flop when you raise pre?What are the villains stats?
What is your stats/image?

Without any knowledge of other player I would say maybe checking the flop to keep pot small. Check/Calling most turns and rivers. You are in position so keeping the pot small is what I tend to do with just top pair.

What are your plans when you re-raise the flop? If its for value then you have to go with your hand here. If you don't know why you are re-raising the flop it may be a leak in your game.

it was a small re-raise to see if he was bluffing and I had intentions of folding to a shove which I did if he had just called I would have felt better but it was an insta shove no thinking whatsoever

thinking back I should have just called the raise but don't know where my head was as I had been playing over 7 hours after a full days work so maybe getting a bit tired.

Last edited:
shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at 120k blinds my maths says 264k is 2.2 not a min raise
I just don't think .2BB makes a big enough difference, I find it too small as it's merely a small fraction of a BB.

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
even that late in a tourney?? I size my betting down the further into a tournament I get.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have little pre-flop aggression

S

Sprockett

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like others has mentioned I also think 3 betting the flop was a mistake. I would call his raise on the flop and take it from there. I play mostly on party, and find myself in this spot alot, and very often I am still ahead (espesially if you have a loose image). When he shoves for 3,7 mill I would call most of the time. You have already put inn in close to 1,6 mill and you will get a very good price for the last 2,1 mill with top pair.

I think image/read is important her and agree with arq:

i tend to be more aggressive and get these kinda playbacks with ppl just getting fed up.if you think he thinks your being to agressive call but if you havent been then and hes a semisolid player then he is telling you he has the nuts by the check raise reraise or QJ and is trying to be a Doug polk by adding qj to his shoving range xD

Imho

Sprockett

I

infiniti888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, it`s stupid to do reraise when you have only pair kings.