What would piss you off

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good poker player controls there emotions during a game and maybe tries to through off other players. I have watch pro players be real A holes and yet no called for intervention.
What is the one thing that would really get you so upset that you would have to call the table manager over to complain and have the offender reprimanded.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Threatening violence, actual tossing of cards or chips in a physical manner, talking during a big decision in a hand they are not involved in.

I never say much - but I had a confrontation with a gentleman last winter before covid kicked in playing 1/2 live and I called a 4 bet all in from him while I had KK and he got pretty upset at me for calling because he moved in with J6o and his reasoning was "how don't you figure i have AA there? I don't get how you make that call, it makes no sense" - my response was "if you expect me to fold the 2nd nuts preflop maybe you are playing the wrong game bud" - while he didn't threaten me or try to physically fight me - he did continue to swear and rant for a good bit upset that I made the call and he was forced to table a bad hand and lost over $400 as well.

The point is some ppl are just a-holes, some ppl are easily offended, and others are just controversial and feed off of negative energy. I wouldn't concern myself with certain things but when ppl start becoming obnoxious and physically violent then its time to call the floor in.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

to me is face a player who spend their time and then fold
and is not a matter of thinking cause he do not have any card to play
Rgds

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only direct physical contact can make me mad! Everything else is indifferent to me, I am sure that such an attitude infuriates the provocateur even more!

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good poker player controls there emotions during a game and maybe tries to through off other players. I have watch pro players be real A holes and yet no called for intervention.
What is the one thing that would really get you so upset that you would have to call the table manager over to complain and have the offender reprimanded.

Insults, absolute boorish behavior of the opponent :mad:
But overall, I try to control my emotions :):):)

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've called the table manager over one time. Had a drunk player who was spilling his drink all over the table and the cards. After the second spill, I asked if they could cut him off or serve him in a cup. He took it fairly well and they served his drinks in a styrofoam cup with a lid..

Poker_Player77

Poker_Player77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've always been infuriated by players who splash the pot! Other things anger me a bit like rude insulting players, but for some reason pot splashing just instantly makes my blood boil. I actually refuse to play at a friends house if his roommate is there because the guy just continually does it.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Threatening violence, actual tossing of cards or chips in a physical manner, talking during a big decision in a hand they are not involved in.

I never say much - but I had a confrontation with a gentleman last winter before covid kicked in playing 1/2 live and I called a 4 bet all in from him while I had KK and he got pretty upset at me for calling because he moved in with J6o and his reasoning was "how don't you figure i have AA there? I don't get how you make that call, it makes no sense" - my response was "if you expect me to fold the 2nd nuts preflop maybe you are playing the wrong game bud" - while he didn't threaten me or try to physically fight me - he did continue to swear and rant for a good bit upset that I made the call and he was forced to table a bad hand and lost over $400 as well.

The point is some ppl are just a-holes, some ppl are easily offended, and others are just controversial and feed off of negative energy. I wouldn't concern myself with certain things but when ppl start becoming obnoxious and physically violent then its time to call the floor in.
A lot people get POed when called on a bluff. Good call

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

to me is face a player who spend their time and then fold
and is not a matter of thinking cause he do not have any card to play
Rgds
Yes big time, not sure if they think they look more professional because they are taking soooo much time or just being obnoxious to annoy people.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could not agree more, I was watch wsop and one of the players went All-in and he actual touched another players cards while he was deciding to call an his All-in- I thought that was against the rules but no one said anything. That is my top pet peeve.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Insults, absolute boorish behavior of the opponent :mad:
But overall, I try to control my emotions :):):)
Yes, Some players to it as part of a strategy others are just rude.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've called the table manager over one time. Had a drunk player who was spilling his drink all over the table and the cards. After the second spill, I asked if they could cut him off or serve him in a cup. He took it fairly well and they served his drinks in a styrofoam cup with a lid..
That one is a touchy one. If that player is loosing his money to me I will let him spill all night hahahahaha.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've always been infuriated by players who splash the pot! Other things anger me a bit like rude insulting players, but for some reason pot splashing just instantly makes my blood boil. I actually refuse to play at a friends house if his roommate is there because the guy just continually does it.
I had the same problem at my place, so I started, stopping the game and counting all the chips to make sure he tossed the right amount in. Other players started getting pissed at him and that made him stop.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker and being in the stream, I can't afford to get angry, it can lead to losing.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is only one thing which got me actually quite angry at the table. That was when someone reached into the muck, ostensibly to retrieve their dead cards, and flipped mine over (which was a total bluff).

I do sometimes get annoyed when people not in the pot make comments. I don't need people to spot the flush and straight draws for me, nor do I need someone to point out that now that a pair is on the board the boat risk exists.

But other than absolute dickish behaviour, I just observe and try to get a little info.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The only thing that can get mad is the ethics of human behavior.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players entering with trash cards...

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
The inability of people to lose with dignity is annoying and amusing. When they start to whine and cry, when their hands are losing.:)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Offensive remarks, insults, this is the only thing that would make me complain about another player.