What would be the ideal average arrival at ITM?

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have doubts about this statistic, I know that there is a long-term issue and I would like to know from friends what would be the ideal percentage for a beginner. I play the 0.25 - 2.20 - 4.40 sit and my average is 13.3% in ITM. Thank you very much in advance.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is not so important. I mean this stat. Still 13% ITM can be pretty bad or pretty good. Depends on your format. How many player, what structure. For example ITM in DoN or HU is pretty "important" :D. Joke...You can have high iTM, but rare first place, you can have low ITM and still good ROI. "Ideal", no such thing. Think about the ROI, $/hour, this things, not ITM.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ITM is a good goal for every tournament you play. But it isn't a great metric to measure. We obviously want high finishes in tournaments, like the top 3% or so. The thing about getting to the final table and then getting to the top 3% is that you still have to cash first. So for me it is a good thing to watch for. But as was mentioned, you can't tell if you are winning or not by measuring this by itself.

ROI is the right metric for this. " ( Winnings / cost ) - 1 " is the percent ROI formula. If you have a negative ROI but are cashing 13% of the time, then you know enough to be competitive, but you need to develop your game further. You could have a 30% ITM and still not have a +ROI. Same story with this - it means you are competitive and may only need some tweeks to improve to be +ROI.

+ROI is very difficult. Making the most of every ITM opportunity is necessary to increase your ROI. ITM is +ROI. Busting before the bubble is -ROI. You will see a lot of discussion that we need to go for the win because that is where the money is. This is true. But you cannot win without first cashing, then getting to the final table then winning the thing. Take it in steps or mini goals.

Good luck and God bless

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You should be matching the tournament structure at least. So if the field is 1000, and it pays 150, then 13% is low. If the same tournament pays 100, then 13% is good.

But just meeting the pay out structure of the tournament is not going to make you money. You need to go deep to make any type of profit. A single first place can pay for 20 entries or even more. A min cash is usually only a couple entries.

So learn how to play short stacked. You will be there often when you are deeper in tournaments.

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the tip I will put it into practice