What tournament speed do you like to play and why?

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I very much agree with you. Especially in the PS regular season, the blind growth time is too slow. Playing a game often takes half a day, and the Turbo is just right. The 5-hour game is not as lucky as the Hyper Turbo

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play at "Turbo" speed, not too fast like "Hyper Turbo" and not too slow like "Regular". I think the "Turbo" is the right measure. Which do you prefer and why?
Fast or regular.....even though I play constantly these days I have only been learning poker a little over a yr now. So I'm still learning and playing TAG for the most part. I need the time usually to wait for good hands that have bets attached to them. The blinds kill me in turbo a lot before I can take down a few good pots.

G

gryllz_wins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normal speed for me, I have the patience to play long sessions, higher speeds bring more variation in the mix, and I try to lower variation not increase it.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I prefer regular speed tournaments, where your deep runs more depend on you and your game rather than on your luck and variance.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer regular speed, since it keep stacks deeper, which allow for more play and skill edge. However on pokerstars I have noticed, that regular speed tournaments tend to play 20-30% less hands per hour than turbo tournaments, presumably because people are given more time to act. This I actually find rather annoying, because often you see people use their entire time allowance just to make a trivial decision preflop, and it really slows the action down. And I am not even talking about bubble play here. This happen already in the first blind levels.

This incredibly slow pace, where a regular tournament on Stars might only play 40 hands per hour, also negate some of the effect of longer blind intervals, since the important is, how many hands you play per blind interval, not how long it last. Cuppled with the excessively large fields, which make a regular tournament last 8 hours or more, there is certainly a case to be made for playing turbos on PokerStars.

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play at "Turbo" speed, not too fast like "Hyper Turbo" and not too slow like "Regular". I think the "Turbo" is the right measure. Which do you prefer and why?
With a turbo structure, the game turns into a lottery. Push fold, and nothing more. I like more regular and deep stacks.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like to play slow tournaments as I have time to think over my decisions and carefully apply them

CAC1QU3

CAC1QU3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer Turbo or Hyper toureys. Last especially to fill up the gap and when I don't have "unlimited" time :cool:

B

Boreyko506

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love tournaments with smooth structure, so you can enjoy the game and play more hands.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I have time and I feel good, I play regular slow tournaments, and if I don’t have time, I play turbo

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi TW

Fast or regular.....even though I play constantly these days I have only been learning poker a little over a yr now. So I'm still learning and playing TAG for the most part. I need the time usually to wait for good hands that have bets attached to them. The blinds kill me in turbo a lot before I can take down a few good pots.

I read a report that compares Poker to the game of Chess, that the two are brain games. So it is a passionate and difficult game.

GG !!

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patient Gryllz

Normal speed for me, I have the patience to play long sessions, higher speeds bring more variation in the mix, and I try to lower variation not increase it.

I prefer the turbo for two reasons: lack of patience and lack of patience ... hahaha even if I had the time you seem to have, I wouldn't be able to have the patience to wait 9 people x 30 seconds ... zzzzz

Thank you for participating in my post
GG !!

K

karmakoumas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
regular is the best

i think that regular speed is the best way to play and enjoy a real poker game.
in turbo or hyper you have to win hand so you play without rules you play sometmes like a fool and somtimes you win but in 90 % you loose.
other thing is that to win in hyper or turbo you need too much luck but in regular you have to play well to win like a professional player and that is good ;)))

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In principle, I like turbo tournaments - but it also depends on the number of players - the more, the faster the tournament

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer turbo speed but what's more important for me are the other mtt features. I avoid any with a 2 hour registration period...that's just nuts. I like the ones with 1 hour or less for late regs. I also try to avoid the re-buy mtts. Too often you see crazy betting simply because the players know they can buy back in.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My preference are regular but my time available does not allow constantly play as I would like! so game but turbos and to learning to like

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I like slow tourneys better than turbos
But since I have a family I can't afford being on poker all day long so I play turbos and hypers

You should know, the Turbo Series are on Pokerstars

gl gl gl

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play the fast and the regular variante, but regulary i got better results.

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I like turbo speed when i want to play a quick tournament but when i have a lot of time i prefere normal speed to have time to play more hand to build my stack.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read a report that compares Poker to the game of Chess, that the two are brain games. So it is a passionate and difficult game.

GG !!
Chess takes up the rest of my free time that poker doesn't. I am a huge lover of chess.:burnout:

T

ThisCuteAsianGuy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regular seems my speed, the hyper turbos are super luck based and the blinds kill me and I end up out really late..

However I do like the survival mode on ACR those are actually fun.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I prefer regular and deep stack tournaments ... I have no problem with playing long sessions ... I understand that BB changes go slowly but it allows me to do my game calmly ... On the other hand, Hyper or Turbo tournaments must be playing many middle hands and in many cases the variance plays against you ... and you are simply eliminated from the tournament ...!