What should "flop seen" % be?

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a MTT, what should be the % you see the flop?

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no answer to this, too many variables.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smokewood is correct, so lets look at some variables:

person/people to your left are aggressive and prone to 3 bet, you are going to have to play more conservatively.
people to your left are passive, and are prone to call fold to min raise, you PFR more looking to see more flops.
Also, if people are folding when they dont hit flop, and you can see they arent willing to continue when they miss flop, see more flops and be ready to bet whether you miss or not, and take full adv. of all semi-bluff possibilities.

hope that helps.

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some tell you that there is no answer but I think that if there is one, it is said that you should have a% between 18% and 25% that you flop this without putting any hand that you win without seeing flop

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is such a hard thing to track. Your % is going to go up and down so quickly. If I'm dead it could be 5%, if I'm a fish on a heater it could be 35%. Changes hour to hour, day to day, min to min. I do think it is worth following just to make sure you aren't playing too tight and not seeing enough flops (or maybe too many), but other than that, you have more important stats to track like raises, 3bets, ect... that will directly affect your pocket.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
it is difficult to say, it depends on many variables, the players, the tournament, etc., now if you want to choose a tournament of so many that I have played and tell you what the porentaje is, it is complicated because I do not remember it lol

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smokewood is correct, so lets look at some variables:

person/people to your left are aggressive and prone to 3 bet, you are going to have to play more conservatively.
people to your left are passive, and are prone to call fold to min raise, you PFR more looking to see more flops.
Also, if people are folding when they dont hit flop, and you can see they arent willing to continue when they miss flop, see more flops and be ready to bet whether you miss or not, and take full adv. of all semi-bluff possibilities.

hope that helps.
Thanks for your input!

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some tell you that there is no answer but I think that if there is one, it is said that you should have a% between 18% and 25% that you flop this without putting any hand that you win without seeing flop
Ok, that's a concrete answer. Where did you get those numbers from?

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is such a hard thing to track. Your % is going to go up and down so quickly. If I'm dead it could be 5%, if I'm a fish on a heater it could be 35%. Changes hour to hour, day to day, min to min. I do think it is worth following just to make sure you aren't playing too tight and not seeing enough flops (or maybe too many), but other than that, you have more important stats to track like raises, 3bets, ect... that will directly affect your pocket.
Thanks man, how do you track your poker stats?

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
10 %

I would say some where between 10 and 15 % is about right.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its not the % you look at for yourself when it comes to how you will play pre flop, but more of a spasifc range of hands, based off the players your play against...

for example if your getting a bunch of playable hands at a table full of unknowns your % will look a lot higher. Even though your playing a NIT style. It's just the way the cards fall in comparison. This also works the other way. you could be playing a more loos style, but your consistently getting 3bet off hands, or just getting terrible hole cards....

If you stick to a range of hands your comfortable with, you then can take your image into consideration post flop. I absolutely love when I get a ton of good hands early tournament, and it boost up my VPIP. That means most rec players will call you with a wider range just based off that stat. leaving you a lot a made flops, forcing your opponent to draw out on you. Then when you flip over a set of Js on a dry board. with a VPIP of lets say 30. They will still keep calling you because they think you got lucky. few hands later you get it all in with the nut flush you hit on the river, after pairing your A on the flop with AQs, and your still at 30%. By the time variance catches up to you, and you reach the 20% mark. It's middle tournament, and your chip leader, cause no one believed you were playing like a NIT the whole time. you were just getting cards.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there..

on average i operate around 18%..this changes the deeper i run as i tend to open up a little more, other variables are obviously the tables effective stacks and if i have a read on someone, i will raise the hell out of him or her..

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are no such thing as a correct percentage of flop seen. There are different styles of play, you now? Wether you're tight or loose will affect this number. Not to mention, if you're a loose-passive player you may see up to 100% of flops, but what is a point in that if you will probably win around 10% of those hands at best?

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in many articles that I have read the question is that you yourself can see many players play and save their statistics and realize that a player in those numbers is considered the winner in the long run