What notes do you make during a tournament?

O

ovanilton

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Notes during tournament

During tournaments, is it recommended to take notes on players?

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

For online games, there are various special programs that give all the information about your rivals. To play live, of course, you need to monitor the game of your opponents and celebrate their mistakes or perfectly played combinations

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Writing at all will it ?
13.jpg

Last edited:
nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me No, already try it before and its can fool you when they canges theyr playing style.. just pay attention on theyr action..

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe, that you must write down everything that can help you in making decisions. It is very important to make notes simple and straightforward as possible. Even a few words will help you understand the nature of the game opponent. For a start, in the notes indicate the play style of the opponent.

Last edited:
Sirrcassidy

Sirrcassidy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a lot of mental notes for me ..

J

jwlaw35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I some times keep track of things like calling all ins with bottom pair and weird players that will push/call in with marginal hands

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is advisable to study your rivals whenever it is a final table since in mtt tournaments it is difficult a bit because they change tables frequently

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, if you must take notes on other players as this will serve us a lot, for example if a player makes many bluffs or if he goes all in with low pairs or letters that are not of good category, this will serve us in case When we change tables and we see these players at other tables, we would no longer be in expectation of how we should act before these players to whom we have put a note, to know their type of game.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone decides to record or not ... someone considers it useful to someone as a waste of time, and in general they can lead to errors. There are many programs that help the player in making decisions ... I rarely but take notes on players who show me unusual In the style of the game.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is an incomplete information game. The best players are those who watch their opponents, even when they are not involved in the hand, and make notes to understand their technical standards and make more accurate readings in the future.
But, it is quite common not to know what to write down. Making comments like "loose" ("hands") or "tight" (those who play a few hands, or just the best hands) will always be vague and unhelpful.
Although unusual, some recreational players vary the size of pre-flop raise by hand strength, increasing to 2x with strong hands and 3x with weak hands or vice versa.

Some of them also make bigger raises with complicated post-flop hands such as: AQ, A3, KJ, 99, 55. And smaller raises with very valuable hands like QQ, KK and AA.

In these cases, a note is worth as "3x with AK and 2x with KK".

This note may help in assessing the strength of your hand against the range (the combinations of hands that the opponent may have) already in the preflop.

That's why pros recommend keeping a standard raise size so you do not give unintentional information about the strength of your hand. This is also true for re-raises.

RAISE / FOLD WITH PRE-FLOP 10-20BBS

With 10 to 20 effective stack big blinds, several players aim to raise pre-flop bets only with a strong group of hands, especially from the starting and middle positions, as the player loses more than 10% of the stack every time. Gives up against a re-raise.

Taking advantage of this strategic pattern, some players have extended the range of open raise to steal the blinds or balance the range.

Until proven otherwise, a regular player will normally not make raises with weak hands having less than 20BBs.

If the opponent takes such actions, a note such as "raise / fold MP 13bb" will be important to adjust the range of call and re-steal against him in the future.

This content is from poker lab brazil, who wants to know more about the assunte I will leave the link below.

But after all, what notes do you make when playing, I would like to know more about you about this. I had a lot of difficulties in the beginning for notes during the game.

So, how do you make your notes?
:sorrir::)

link: //pokerlab.com.br/como-fazer-anotacoes-dos-oponentes/

Last edited:
tilan501

tilan501

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really nice information, will try to put it on my labels, thanks.

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have never made notes but I'm going to try

J

Jerry Kierl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with tilan501. I will have to expand my notes. I have noticed some of the plays you mentioned and have tried to remember to place those notes.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have 3 main notes
1. Strong player
2. The weak player
3. Non-qualified Player

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make mental notes of:

1.Weak Players
2.Tight Players
3.Loose Players

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All this is theoretically correct. However, there is always a jackass that will ruin your entire strategy and will do all in

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I in my case the notes that I take are those players who generally lie those who pay the all in with any hand .. those who just call .. according to the game and the modality are several reasons why I take notes .. since Help me to my game.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I dont make,but ve realized that statistic has its 30-40% significance.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I do label very strong players (few less than 10, so far: Green Label), Bluffers ( Yellow label) and unknown players ( no Label). It helps when I re encounter them but still many unknown players. :deal:

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I use a color code on pokerstars for tights, regulars, strong aggressive players, weak aggressive players and fish. And take notes in some hands.

F

fraggy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how to use this ? ive searched for it but never found it

7svetoslav

7svetoslav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually dont make any notes but ive red somewere in some article that its very good to write some notes for players.
Also im thinking that could be two bladed knife, cause alot of players plays different in alot of the situations on the tables.

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i try to note there opening raise ranges from various positions-what type of player they are-tag,lag,or other-I also note anything I see them doing like bluffing a lot-or c-bets often-I try to keep notes short so I can review any unkown players