What is the most effective way to learn at MTT?

Ventoman777

Ventoman777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most players turn to coaches only when they start to lose and lose confidence. It’s actually much more important to understand your current level when you win

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hi there,

depends, what level and how pro-efficient are you in the poker.
What is your poker skill level?
How long have you been playing?
What kind of games?
How profitable are you in the poker?

Now, if you're new to the poker especially holdem online, I would highly suggest to visit Poker Strategy page on top of every CC page.

There is your answer.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even the world's best poker players lose money in some sessions. Do not make the mistake of expect to win every time you play. Your goal should be to play as best you can in every session. If you do, the letters and the benefits iran improving while your also improvements.

Many players make the mistake of judging his skill as a poker players according to the results of each session. Your goal should be to always make the best move possible. The more you approach this, the better your results.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When we turn to the coaches to point out our mistakes, we do the right thing-we should always listen to criticism in our address-it is useful for analyzing your game as a whole.But not all players are trainable that's the question.Playing MMT need to pay attention where we lose control over the game than to make mistakes-at what level or stage of the tournament.More watching training streams and of course more games that gives more motivation for the game as a whole.Good luck-you live and learn!

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most effective way to learn at MTT is to play much.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best way is through experience, and learning from experience.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One thing you should do is review your play. It dont matter if you won the tournament and felt you played well or you got knocked out on the bubble because you thought you played like a donk. By reviewing your play you will see where you made mistakes or lost value in a hand. What you will see is there are times you thought you played bad but did not and was unlucky. You will win and also notice how lucky you were. The thing is you can look back and see where if you had done something different you may have won or lost less in the hand. By finding where you made mistake you can adjust your game to become a better player.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you just need to play regularly and gain experience. You have to learn from your mistakes and make conclusions for yourself. In this way you can improve your skills and get good results.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
answer is ... play play play then play some more
take time review your games
then play some more

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi again
i just thinking (yikes a blonde thinking lol)
i was track two my twitch pro heros Lex & Spraggy who play a $530 SCOOP event
both re-enter 4 times!
neither make it even to monies
300 enter a MTT 299 lose
need relax accept what comes and ENJOY else go nuts
hugs

Z

zuk22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best way to learn is to play tournaments and analyzing your spots with more skilled player. Read strategy topics at forums

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Are you paraphrasing Pads? ;)

2efd60a67be17565ce36f0097c414e40.png

J

jorge tinga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it must have a combination, study and game for me always brought good results

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most players turn to coaches only when they start to lose and lose confidence. It’s actually much more important to understand your current level when you win

So you are suggesting one should pay for coaching and try to change the way he plays when he is winning?
One should understand that coaches are actually struggling themselves, otherwise they would be playing poker instead of coaching others how to play...

M

MyPokerCoaching

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So you are suggesting one should pay for coaching and try to change the way he plays when he is winning?
One should understand that coaches are actually struggling themselves, otherwise they would be playing poker instead of coaching others how to play...

This couldn't be further from the truth :) While there are such cases, this is surely not a norm and I know plenty of coaches who are crushing high stakes and working with other players.

To answer the question, I am a bit amazed that everyone says play play play and then play some more, but if you just keep playing you will hardly learn much without analyzing your mistakes.

So while coaching is expensive, there are a number of great training programs out there you can choose from.

Also, what you can do yourself is review your sessions, and I mean not the hand that you busted your tournament, but the entire MTT play since you see everything in a different light when not playing.

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, a good way to learn is to watch professionals in action, e.g. through live streams, watch their play, how they behave at a given stage of the tournament, etc.
and of course practice , playing a large number of tournaments.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! I will say nothing new: that successfully to play in MTT, first of all,
necessary play enough quantity tournaments :cool:, and main correctly manage own bankroll -
this is basic rule :cool:, by my opinion, for successful play in Poker generally! :cool:

A

atcj13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing SNG's is one of the best ways. You experience all of the aspects of MTT but at a much higher frequency. Early game, short stack, big stack, bubble play, three handed and HU. You get much more in game learning and more spots to able to review for portions of the game that you are less comfortable playing.

Sinqui3526

Sinqui3526

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that there is not a single formula to be effective, several factors must be combined to have a good result such as not making childish mistakes, having patience and for me the most important and much discussed is luck. I think that although many will be against it if you are not lucky, you will not get far.
There are days when you are on a very bad streak and you can't connect anything.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
View training courses and strategies. Watch the video parsed by leading players, and think a lot with your head))

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You can read all the books you want and study as much as possible, but it all boils down to lady luck.
A friend of mine was really interested in playing poker and I told him to come around one day and I would show him how to play on-line (before lockdown)
I lent him a computer game and a couple of books I had read and he eventually felt confident enough to come along to one of our Pub Poker nights I ran.
He got busted on AK Raise's and pocket pair raises and couldn't understand why he kept losing. I asked him if he had tried to read any of the books I had lent him and he said Yes! cover to cover, Ah! I said, that's your problem. You see the guys in here have not read any books. and will call your bets on any 2 cards.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many different ways to improve your MTT game - but you need to play a lot to overcome the variance! Only the distance will show your faces that need to be fixed!

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You can try different styles in freerolls. Try playing tight, loose, aggressive, passive. Try a game with only folding, checking, or raising (never calling).

In my own trials, I've found I like a tight aggressive style with very little bluffing. I seldom call when out of position (blinds), and only play slow with the absolute nuts (because the wrong card always seems to come).

That said, I often change playing styles if I've been on a table long enough to be predictable.

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like any other thing: playing.
And open your mind to learn every day.