What makes a MTT soft or hard in difficult for you?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes we play a MTT and we can consider it easy, hard depending on the field. But what action do you consider making 1 game easy and another game hard.

For me two things that makes a game harder.

You will almost never get a free blind. I love freerolls when my player to the right and left goes AFK, free blinds all day.

In easier game, 3 bets seem to always be all in, this makes decision process much easier vs getting 3 bets that are 2-4X my raise size.

Player tilt much less in higher stakes game and they likelihood of them blowing off 100BB is much smaller.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think deeper tournament structure can be played more loosely but the decision mechanism is much more difficult. Of course when the stack is small we have a much simpler thing to do. All in or fold.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say the biggest factor to making an MTT easy or hard would be which players are directly to your left. It can be a tough field but if you have soft players to your left than you should be able to chip up and play well. Likewise if it a generally soft field but the three players to your left are good aggressive players than it will probably be a short day for you until you get to switch tables.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The amount of fish ! The more pros / regs the more you have to fight for pots and the less blastoffs you get for heaps

I have always done pretty well in the 1k or more field mtts

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes we play a MTT and we can consider it easy, hard depending on the field. But what action do you consider making 1 game easy and another game hard.

You will almost never get a free blind. I love freerolls when my player to the right and left goes AFK, free blinds all day.

In easier game, 3 bets seem to always be all in, this makes decision process much easier vs getting 3 bets that are 2-4X my raise size.

Player tilt much less in higher stakes game and they likelihood of them blowing off 100BB is much smaller.

For me the key is all about game selection

Playing tournaments with huge fields tend to mean more weak players.
That being said these tournaments require a lot of stamina and ability to focus.

Preparation is key for getting these results as many of your opponents will start to lose their discipline after 6, 8, 10, 12 hours. If you stay zen you can stack big man.

Other things that help is playing tournaments with lots of satellite qualifiers as these players tend to be playing scared money when in above their usual bankroll.

And then just watching the table, finding people who are playing way too loose and people who are playing way too tight to pick on later tends to work pretty well for an overall strategy.

Hope that helps!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say the biggest factor to making an MTT easy or hard would be which players are directly to your left. It can be a tough field but if you have soft players to your left than you should be able to chip up and play well. Likewise if it a generally soft field but the three players to your left are good aggressive players than it will probably be a short day for you until you get to switch tables.

Totally agree, and more importantly Totally LOVE YOUR SCREENNAME!!!

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You can often see how such players fly out at the very beginning of many tournaments. I call it Controlled Chaos. You should know when to say a pass. If the opponent rearranges you, then reduce your losses and discard cards. If you are reraised for the second and third time, it means that they are opposed to you, and it's time to change the gear. We need to look for weaknesses and suitable moments. Will this opponent fall on a check-raise? Call cold, still call, raise on the river?

Call cold, raise? Can I portray a good hand and make him fold his top pair? I am very, very often asked what I had. In fact, it doesn’t matter what I have, what matters is what the opponent has: what he will bet with, what to call with, and what he will throw in the pass.
The most important factor in poker is your mental and emotional state. Everyone can easily remember the various tables and odds, but what can distinguish you from the field of players is your ability to cope with mental and emotional pressure during the game. You cannot see how this affects your game. I know what it feels like: at one time I lost a whole month in a row before I could again get into the prizes in a major tournament. This was a serious lesson on how to control your emotions, keep yourself in good shape for the game and keep an eye on the prize pool (goal setting).Once after work, I said to myself: “I’ll go, eat my favorite dinner and win the tournament.” I completely disengaged myself emotionally and just played. As a result, I won twice as many banks as I saw the flops and won $ 2,000.Try to spread your good folds, awesome bluffs and just solid practical jokes during the week. I guarantee that the quality of your game will increase, along with self-confidence.

N

no_girl1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't use but..

I think in PS, PT4 and sharkscope - is must have. But not chip(((