What do you look for in a tournament?

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The amount of players? If the guarantee is covered? How do you pick your MTT's.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously if the guaranteed is not covered you want to get in there. The more overlay the better!

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously if the guaranteed is not covered you want to get in there. The more overlay the better!

How long is late registration at Bovada? Are their tournaments unlimited rebuys?

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at the payoff perctages ( depth ) and # of BB to start with.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I like about it and play,of course, correlate with buy and your bankroll...

bmw13

bmw13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
minimum 300 buy ins for that tournament. 2% per day useing it . good luck.

Anatoliy73

Anatoliy73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the tournament in the first place the desire to get to the finals, to feel the taste of victory at least for some time to become higher than others. in the table below.

bmw1983kaz

bmw1983kaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A tournament that is more conducive to skill over luck not luck over skill, something more relaxed not something ending in turbo this or turbo that.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Experience and if possible win a great pot.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regular speed tournaments that fit my bankroll.:)

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It realy depends on your money bankroll but for turnements dont go for more than 2% . you can have downstrems up to 1 year. And if your begginer you shood never rebuy.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
In the tournaments I seek to improve my game ... make a small investment in the buy-in without this investment affecting my bankroll a lot and having the opportunity to win a good prize ...!

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I determine which tournament to play if there is a freeeze out, (This keeps late registers from coming in.) If there are buy ins and addons, (I prefer none) and how many entrants are playing the tournament. This is the most important to me because of time.

Time is the most precious form of currency. We can always make a dollar, but we can't make a minute.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First i look at the buy in of course.
I need not to look (otherwise i would) at the format, variant and so on because i filtered this in pokerstars.
Overlay is good but rare and you only realise it, when the late reg is over.
And i think ahead how long this tourney maybe goes.

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Buy in
2. Format (are there R+A), then go back to #1 with the plan to add-on and see if it is affordable.
3. Speed, prefer no turbos of any kind especially hyper turbo, etc
4. Overlay if possible and this will tie in with #5
5. Field size and therefore time factor. I dont mind some breally big 2,000+ player tournaments and some smaller 45 man tournaments but I want to make sure I have the time to be there to take first place if I go that far.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

For me, it's important to buy in and the amount of prize money. And the number of players is not important. Although the smaller, the more you go to the prize zone. At least I think so. I do not have large sums to pay for participation in major tournaments, but I always try to go through the satellites. Principle for me the main thing is a big prize for it is more interesting to fight.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the turbo tournaments it forces people to play hands they are not comfortable and I figured that semi tight is the optimal calibrated playing hands.I just hate to play for 4-6 hours just to lose to a coin flip.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ff

Hi.I often look at blinds level before i start .Also i try to find if i got enough time to play cause my free time is not enough .So i prefer to play turbo level blinds .

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The tournament for me is the hope, that one day and I will be able to solve many of my financial problems with one victory))

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually the time of the day depends on how a tournament is picked for me. I like to play at night because I believe there is more action when people are stuck or tilting.

gogadgetdx

gogadgetdx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players-Pot Ratio

Assuming all other things are equal and I have the bankroll for a tournament entry fee, I like to find tournaments that are likely going to be just short of extending the paid places pool another tier.

I'm pretty solid about making the final table in the later stages of all tournaments, so I don't care to "make the bubble" but I do care to get the most payout possible, should I finish 8th. Paying to only 20 places (instead of 40 or 50) usually results in a better result for me :-D