Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This isn't a hand analysis. I'm just curious what other players would do in this situation and why.

Freeze out. 45 players left, 8 paid. You are currently 7/45.
$1 + $0.10 - Hold'em No Limit - 25/50 - 7 players

UTG: 5,420 (108 bb)
MP: 5,883 (118 bb)
MP+1: 4,690 (94 bb)
CO: 1,925 (39 bb)
BU (Hero): 5,930 (119 bb)
SB: 2,475 (50 bb)
BB: 9,227 (185 bb)

Pre-Flop: (75) Hero is BTN with K K
2 players fold, MP+1 calls 50, 1 fold, Hero raises to 225, SB calls 200, BB calls 175, MP+1 calls 175

Flop: (900) 3 7 3 (4 players)
SB bets 2,250 (all-in), 2 players fold, Hero ???

Quick Notes:
  • Flop is 18 BBs
  • SB jams 45 BBs
  • Hero has 114 BBs

Last edited:
georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I fold. Because, maybe SB has a better hand than mine.:eek:

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You fold that hand for a maybe? They might have a better hand than you do but even if they do going all in wouldn't be their best play considering Hero raised pre-flop. Their best play is check/call if they do happen to have a 3. I would expect them to have a low pair like 4s, 5s, 6s, 8s, 9s or perhaps a 7 with a high kicker which would explain why they called pre-flop but didn't decide to shove all in and now they go all in expecting you to have a premium hand that is not a pair.

Last edited:
MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm most definitely "EDIT" SNAP CALLING

Last edited:
makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You have KK, but when two 3s appear, your opponent goes all in. He possibly has something that makes him act like this. This is maybe another 3. On the other hand if another K appears you can win, but this is a desire! I would fold!

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have KK, but when two 3s appear, your opponent goes all in. He possibly has something that makes him act like this. This is maybe another 3. On the other hand if another K appears you can win, but this is a desire! I would fold!

if SB has a 3 good for them let's see it!! we still have 70 bigs after the call and still drawing live against any hand..

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What range of hands is SB just calling with preflop?

What hands is SB jamming 45 BBs into an 18 BB pot? What hands can SB have here that beats KK and is looking to get value? What hands can SB be bluffing/semi-bluffing with here?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You fold that hand for a maybe? They might have a better hand than you do but even if they do going all in wouldn't be their best play considering Hero raised pre-flop. Their best play is check/call if they do happen to have a 3. I would expect them to have a low pair like 4s, 5s, 6s, 8s, 9s or perhaps a 7 with a high kicker which would explain why they called pre-flop but didn't decide to shove all in and now they go all in expecting you to have a premium hand that is not a pair.
Great reply. There are some hands here that play well on this flop but might not play too well on some turns and rivers with multiple players behind.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Iso jamming with the only other player in the hand that is already all in.

I like your style.

lol I skipped the 2 players fold portion when reading lol I was playing the hand as if the two big stacks that covered us were still in for some reason. No wonder your poll choices were only easy fold or snap call ;)

Either way folding here is way too nitty. Their shoving range is wide enough to justify a call and even if we're wrong our stack is fine.

I fixed my mistake :)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lets say you're in the SB and you have A3s. How do you play it on a flop of 373r when you want to extract max value for your hand? Does jamming 45 BBs into 18 BBs sound like the best way to extract value?

What if you have a hand like 77 or even 37. Do you still jam 45 BBs into 18?

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Lets say you're in the SB and you have A3s. How do you play it on a flop of 373r when you want to extract max value for your hand? Does jamming 45 BBs into 18 BBs sound like the best way to extract value?

Exactly, SB has enough BBs to make a moderate raise 60% of the flop, and to jam on the turn thereafter. Perhaps the turn is scary for him ... Snap call with KK, despite I could be behind vs any X3 hand :top:

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Snap call, unlikely that the guy has a 3 to be calling pre, then as said if they did have a 3 they would be milking it if they are a good player, 77 is possible though.

If hero loses, he still has plenty of chips.

:top:

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd call to see what happens next, out stack allows to do that - and we still have a chance to get another K.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its call ...sb can have any small pair are even its semi bluff if sb have some thing big he chek end wait for you to bet

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Never know. But I will try to guess . Probability is great,me to be in error.

Any way .
What range of hands is SB just calling with preflop?

-I guess , SB is a calling station.Make calls, with decent hands. Suited connectors,pocket pairs ...and some marginal hands .

What hands is SB jamming 45 BBs into an 18 BB pot? What hands can SB have here that beats KK and is looking to get value?

-I guess... 33, 77 or A3s ....43s?.....

What hands can SB be bluffing/semi-bluffing with here?

-I guess ,the best hand for bluff here is a pocket AA.

Then ... KK,QQ,JJ,TT,99,88.....may be.......AKs,AQs,AJs,ATs,KQs....AKo,AQo,AJo,ATo..?
Or 45s,46s,25s,26s,45o,46o,25o,26o...?

:)

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SB is striving to quickly finish the rozgrash. It is logical to assume that he has a small pair or 7 with a strong kicker. No one would play Trips 3 or Set 7 in this way. Definitely call.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a call. If he flopped you it is just a cooler. He could be doing this with lower over pairs or weird straight draws. Also your stack is insulated from the best you'll have plenty of BB left. I don't snap anything but in this case i'd snap call UNLESS this player has only shown nut hands before ONLY.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sorry!

SB is trying to finish the distribution quickly. It is logical to assume that he has a small pair or 7 with a strong kicker. No one would play Trips 3 or Set 7 in this way. Definitely call.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting situation here. What do we know about how the SB has been playing up until this point ? I think it's highly unlikely that the SB has 33, 77 or 3x. They would definitely want to win some more bets if they had such a strong hands. So, I would expect a more standard bet of 1/2 pot or so. There are no obvious draws, so it's likely that they have a pair 88+, maybe even something as weak as A7. Since we have about double his/her chips, I would probably call here. This shove just seems like a scared one where they have a semi-strong hand and just want everybody to fold. Even if we're wrong, we'd still have a healthy stack of 69BB.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The only way you could possibly justify the jam here with 77,33,3x is if you assume that one of the other 3 players must have a strong hand since there was a raise and 3 callers. Then, you could go all-in as an overbet and hope you double your stack. Still, this is the exception rather than the norm. For most players, if they hit a monster on the flop, they are NOT going to want to scare everybody away by jamming.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lacking any opposing player tendancies, i would think that i would call. this call is for 1/2 my stack, and with 85%+ equity, i feel pretty good about it. i agree that if the SB had a real hand, is his best play to really shove? at these micro-stakes we will see all kinds of moves so it really difficult to tell.

50% stack w 85% equity with only 2 cards to go feels good to me.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am snapping for sure I expect to see a 3 almost never because if you had a 3... why would u jam like this instead of trying to extract value? It just wouldn’t make any sense

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Please advise what hand you think has a 3 in it that SB would Call the 4.5x raise with??

AA would have reraised in preflop, and therefore is very unlikely to be in the calling range.

33? Unlikely he hit quads then donked all-in on the flop. What else does that leave?

A3s and random garbage.

Only hand logically ahead is the 6 combos of 77 or 2 combos of A3s and thats it. Folding here is a big mistake imo.

Last edited:
MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never know. But I will try to guess . Probability is great,me to be in error.

Any way .

-I guess ,the best hand for bluff here is a pocket AA.

Then ... KK,QQ,JJ,TT,99,88.....may be.......AKs,AQs,AJs,ATs,KQs....AKo,AQo,AJo,ATo..?
Or 45s,46s,25s,26s,45o,46o,25o,26o...?

:)

Pocket AA does not usually just "call" pre-flop, so one could assume it would be out of range.

All over pairs have high equity vs. BTN range, so they could not be considered "bluffs"

Last edited: