what do Ya think about this

GiGiCat

GiGiCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many of you would play any two cards if it was folded to you in the big blind?

Regards,
GiGiCat :D

R

ryyyga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well in the BB you should have a wide BB defense range depending on stacks size, and the size of the open. There are good hand charts for BB defense on upswing poker. The reason that you should be playing so wide is because you have already invested in the pot and if you're always folding your BB unless you have a good hand you are losing a good bit of BB/100. Especially SBvBB as sometimes even having 10high is good enough to win a pot at times. It is also good to understand positional ranges for certain board textures. E.G. (you are in the BB and defend against a min raise from EP and the flop comes 58T rainbow and original raiser c-bets after you check. This is a good flop to check-raise and take the pot down because EP should never have any of those cards in his range except for hands like TT, 88, 55, ATs. But you have all the 2-pairs and straights in your range.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If it's folded to you in the BB you don't get to play your cards, they just give you chips;)

GiGiCat

GiGiCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Attention to detail can mean the difference between making the final table and being bubble person.

Regards,
GiGiCat

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If it's folded to you in the BB you don't get to play your cards, they just give you chips;)

I agree with him, maybe I just missed something in original post?

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many of you would play any two cards if it was folded to you in the big blind?

Regards,

Only check if close to a terrible hand :), in all cases fold! To see a flop, if anything, just fold! what else can be the options?

GiGiCat

GiGiCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only check if close to a terrible hand :), in all cases fold! To see a flop, if anything, just fold! what else can be the options?

collect the chips as it was folded to the BB :D

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The small & big blinds are forced bets, once they are in the middle they ain't your money, not a bad idea to keep that in mind.

GiGiCat

GiGiCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The small & big blinds are forced bets, once they are in the middle they ain't your money, not a bad idea to keep that in mind.

Let me reiterate the question in a different way,

If you are the BB and it is folded to you would you play any two cards?:D

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Let me reiterate the question in a different way,

If you are the BB and it is folded to you would you play any two cards?:D

Of course & win every time.

What you actually mean to ask, too many other factors go into the decision to give a yes or no answer. Kinda like most poker decisions.

GiGiCat

GiGiCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course & win every time.

What you actually mean to ask, too many other factors go into the decision to give a yes or no answer. Kinda like most poker decisions.

This was just an exercise in attention to detail, the same attention needed at the table.:D

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in MTT - almost always any two (unless comlete garbage) defending BB with wide range can be EV+ (again, depends on the size of the raise and stack)
in cash - only depending on steal info of op

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Regards,

Trick question? If everyone folds to you in the BB what's there to defend?

J

jefrock21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a side note, do you ever see players fold from the button with no calls and both blinds sitting out. It drive me nuts watching people do that

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
On a side note, do you ever see players fold from the button with no calls and both blinds sitting out. It drive me nuts watching people do that

Happens a lot in early stages of free rolls, folks are getting settled in, doin other stuff & just not payin attention

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try to avoid exercise, but yup payin attention do help.