pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You are in a tournament and the bubble is about to burst.
On your right is Chip Leader, who in preflop shoves on you, but you have AA ....
Do you
Celebrate with joy and call?
Cry like a baby?
Run from your hand and hold on your chair like a madman?

Last edited:
I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only reason you would fold is in a satellite were top 10 get tickets and there's lots of players shorter than you with 11 left or if the money was too much to risk missing out on. All depends on your own objectives if the money would be life changing you could think about it but on almost every occasion you put it in as a + 80% favourite

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If its a normal online tournament, then I snap call, and its not even a decision. If he gets there, just sucks to be me. If its a satellite, and I am sure, I have enough chips to fold my way to the money, then I simply stop playing, and that also include not playing AA.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The only reason you would fold is in a satellite were top 10 get tickets and there's lots of players shorter than you with 11 left or if the money was too much to risk missing out on. All depends on your own objectives if the money would be life changing you could think about it but on almost every occasion you put it in as a + 80% favourite

that happened to me in a satelite for 5 winers, with 8 players on table rsrsrsrs and i lost for a 3/4 off suted =(

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I ask the ship leader if he wants to make a side bet for some extra money.

Seriously: The only time it can possibly be right to fold AA in a non satellite tournament is if you are almost 100% sure to get in the money AND the money means so much to you even if you mini cash that it can help you with something you normally don't have money for. Almost life changing money.

But in MTTs that you normally play NEVER fold AA even with 1 chip left on the bubble.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's a satellite where the prizes are given when the bubble bursts - fold the AA and move on with your life unless you are a bottom 3 stack.

Any other tournament you just need to ask yourself are you playing to win? Or playing to min cash? If I go out on the bubble with AA so be it, but I'm not folding, even if I am in 2nd chip position. I play to win and I will not fold the nuts preflop

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any other tournament you just need to ask yourself are you playing to win? Or playing to min cash?

In general we should be playing to maximize our ROI, which involve a combination of min cashing and running deep. If we have aces preflop, increasing the chance of running deep will practically always be worth more than increasing the chance of min cashing, and that is why, its a call.

Maybe you could argue for a fold, if the tournament is in hand for hand play, someone has already busted on another table, and we are really short stacked like less than 1BB. In that situation dubbling up will still leave us with little chance to run deep, but if we fold, we are sure to cash.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When on the bubble I distribute the AA, I have only one option - all-in!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the importance of your tournament. freerolls and tournaments with a small buy-in can freely call the leader's chip or throw in all-in. If the tournament is expensive or getting a ticket is very close then you can reset AA.

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are going to fold AA, then why are you even looking at your cards?

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are going to fold AA, then why are you even looking at your cards?

Completely agree. I would play your hand. For me, I play to win, not to min cash. AA is a monster holding and you are getting the chip leader shoving into you expecting you to fold.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how you think, what your goal is, to get into the prizes or take first place. If you want to get into the prizes then it is better for you to reset, if you want to take the first place then of course you need to call the bet.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the type of tournament you're playing and how much work has cost you reach that instance. Money is important, when I play a tournament I set goals, reaching the final table, winning a good prize, etc. Let the AA recommend, favorite but you are so close to the bubble that is not worth the risk:):)

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
You can not fold AA in NLHE pre flop to one shove.

That is just asinine.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a real nightmare. Especially if you have a small stack. The main thing to find the strength to survive the bubble. In most cases, the aggressor is a weak hand, but this is poker and can win 2 7os AA. Therefore it is better to get into the money. Until the end of the tournament much more time and your stack is equal Bains and money when entering the prize zone.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how you think, what your goal is, to get into the prizes or take first place. If you want to get into the prizes then it is better for you to reset, if you want to take the first place then of course you need to call the bet.

Exactly, I think that too.
I call most of times.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CALLLLL, I would not mind leaving the tournament because it is the bubble but I will never fold AA is the opportunity to double your stack, I know that the main objective in a tournament is to be ITM but fold AA just for the fear of leaving the tournament that for me has no sense

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would fold it. numerous of times lost to two smaller pairs or small 3 of the kind. Would not risk it beeing a bubble.